Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
10,339 Posts
Talked to friend today, call Clean Harbors, they are one of the largest industrial chemical waste removers in the country. They can help. Not free though. Enviromental Waste removal.

The drum gets lifted and put in another container on a pallet and taken away

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,828 Posts
Talked to friend today, call Clean Harbors, they are one of the largest industrial chemical waste removers in the country. They can help. Not free though. Enviromental Waste removal.

$$$

·
Radical Basement Dweller
31,409 Posts

Ohio contact numbers:

Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati (Spring Grove) Facility
Services: Waste Disposal Services & Treatment, Storage & Disposal Facilities (TSDF)
Phone: 513-681-6242
More Info

Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati Technical Services
Services: Waste Disposal Services & Recycling Services Overview & Chemical Packing & Household Hazardous Waste
Phone: 513-681-6242
More Info

·
Super Moderator
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Robie

I did call Clean Harbors. Kept forwarding me from one person to another. Eventually ending in email contact that quickly stopped responding. Initially, I had to go through their voice menu, only to get cut off at the end. I finally called, and pressed "1" indicating an emergency spill. That operator just took my number and email, then barely any follow up.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
31,409 Posts
Robie

I did call Clean Harbors. Kept forwarding me from one person to another. Eventually ending in email contact that quickly stopped responding. Initially, I had to go through their voice menu, only to get cut off at the end. I finally called, and pressed "1" indicating an emergency spill. That operator just took my number and email, then barely any follow up.
"Dear So & So...
Just wanted to let you know, since you never got back in touch with me, I decided to take matters into my own hands.
I tried moving the container but ended up spilling it all over myself and my dog.
I had to put the dog down and I am in the hospital undergoing treatment.
They are not sure if I am ever going to be able to work again.
I thought you'd like to know.
My attorney will be contacting you very soon.
Stay well...
Warren.."

For other legal tips, contact me.....lol.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,695 Posts
Looks like you inherited a bigger problem than you realized.

·
Registered
10,339 Posts
Robie

wow
He has used them before at his facility and all went well

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I respect that Warren is handling this situation responsibly. This is bad stuff with the quantity you have. Regrettably you are now stuck with a bad situation, I am sure you could now be subject to haz mat storage/ reporting requirements. A fire Dept will not take possession of it but they will want to know about it.

I highly doubt any private company would take possession of it for their own use due to various regulations for transport and storage etc.
I would suggest making contact with your local county EMA director and ask if they can assist with getting a private haz mat clean up / waste removal company to give your situation the attention it deserves.

Another thought, you may want to contact your insurance company if this situation goes on much longer.
Be patient and thanks for being responsible.

·
Artist and not a curator
14,907 Posts
I'm willing to bet it would make a great weed/grass killer. Congratulations, you will have perfect fence lines for life.

Lemons - lemonade.

For real though, I'm willing to bet the Zips could use it in lab classes and/or use it for some kind of education.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,828 Posts
Ask your insurance agent to add to your policy whichever hazardous waste coverage has the lowest minimum earned premium. You won’t need the coverage for long.

Then dump it all over your kitchen cabinets and vehicles. Lemonade.

·
Artist and not a curator
14,907 Posts
Ask your insurance agent to add to your policy whichever hazardous waste coverage has the lowest minimum earned premium. You won’t need the coverage for long.

Then dump it all over your kitchen cabinets and vehicles. Lemonade.
It's nice to have a demo guy who thinks outside the box.

·
Registered
Remodel
32,312 Posts
Seriously, last ditch would be contact the manufacturer, tell them you get nothing form state and private companies, and ask them how to get rid of their product, will they just take the stuff back. Hopefully their PR people get involved, since you're being responsible. If not, they'll love a call from the reporter doing the story of how nobody steps up to the plate to protect life and the environment except you.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
31,409 Posts
A university isn't going to take it.
They will want to make sure it is exactly what it is purported being.
I don't think they would trust something to be lab quality unless it came directly from the people who manufactured it or a distributor.
Something sitting in a garage for years? Nah.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts