Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Amazing the chit we do to make a nickel. It’s not even an actual depression and this guy is bear hugging 200 lbs of acid out of a basement.

Hardcore Warren! I guess I’ll mail @Jaws my 400 pounds of ammo and just consider myself zombie meat when the **** hits the fan. It’s mostly 5.56 so his girls are set. Lol

How do you say BIG balls in Spanish? Grande bolas.

I’m adding abandoned acid to my list of fears.
1. Rabies
2. Acid

·
Super Moderator
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Amazing the chit we do to make a nickel. It’s not even an actual depression and this guy is bear hugging 200 lbs of acid out of a basement.

Hardcore Warren! I guess I’ll mail @Jaws my 400 pounds of ammo and just consider myself zombie meat when the **** hits the fan. It’s mostly 5.56 so his girls are set. Lol

How do you say BIG balls in Spanish? Grande bolas.

I’m adding abandoned acid to my list of fears.
1. Rabies
2. Acid
Not sure where you read I was doing this because of money. That never plays in. Go back and read what I said. I removed it so the next folks, with children would not be left to deal with it. Despite the hassles, I am glad I did. If I would have made calls once I realized the dangers, it would likely still be sitting there. Carrying it out of the basement was no big deal, other than the weight. Was the best plan under the circumstances.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Not sure where you read I was doing this because of money. That never plays in. Go back and read what I said. I removed it so the next folks, with children would not be left to deal with it. Despite the hassles, I am glad I did. If I would have made calls once I realized the dangers, it would likely still be sitting there. Carrying it out of the basement was no big deal, other than the weight. Was the best plan under the circumstances.

We can do anything. Just ask.
In addition to Hazardous Waste disposal services, we also offer effective environmental solutions. We specialize in oddball drums, materials, and projects. We can handle your project from cradle to grave and dispose of any waste, anywhere. No job is too big or too small. We also provide a wide array of industrial services, remediation, spill response, lab packs, and hazardous waste transportation throughout Akron, Ohio.

·
Registered
Remodel
32,308 Posts
If you had a safe place to do so,
Would it be feasible to leave the lid off and allow it to evaporate?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Never do that, the fluorine can contaminate the ground and vegetation, and the little cloud that forms (sane as hydrochloric) makes it pretty obvious something bad is happening.

Just do it right.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,695 Posts
At the right price of course.

We can do anything. Just ask.
In addition to Hazardous Waste disposal services, we also offer effective environmental solutions. We specialize in oddball drums, materials, and projects. We can handle your project from cradle to grave and dispose of any waste, anywhere. No job is too big or too small. We also provide a wide array of industrial services, remediation, spill response, lab packs, and hazardous waste transportation throughout Akron, Ohio.

·
Registered
Remodel
32,308 Posts
I think the disposal places neutralize it first then put it into a hazmat location.

These days, it could be useful to an acid reprocessing facility. Tough to say.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,695 Posts
Pretty soon everyone will be wondering where all the neighborhood cats went and why Warren always has a smile on his face.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,695 Posts
So find out where the guy moved and drop it off with a note saying "Hey you forgot this"

·
Punching above his weight
13,635 Posts
Having grown up in the woods I'm surprised this barrel hasn't been rolled down a hill toward a creek yet. Bonus if you can shoot it as it's rolling.

Not that I ever did this. I was the idiot who worked for the park service that cleaned up all the stuff people rolled down to the creek and shot. I'm not a ballistics expert so I can't tell you whether it was shot while rolling or sedentary, but were it me, I'd have shot it rolling. If you're gonna do something, might as well go full yee-haw, right?

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,848 Posts
Having grown up in the woods I'm surprised this barrel hasn't been rolled down a hill toward a creek yet. Bonus if you can shoot it as it's rolling.

Not that I ever did this. I was the idiot who worked for the park service that cleaned up all the stuff people rolled down to the creek and shot. I'm not a ballistics expert so I can't tell you whether it was shot while rolling or sedentary, but were it me, I'd have shot it rolling. If you're gonna do something, might as well go full yee-haw, right?

I understand, this is mostly tongue in cheek, but this would be one of the stupidest solutions ever. The last thing I want to do, is destroy the ecosystem in the creek on my property.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,695 Posts
Doesn't say what a 50 lb bag will neutralize.

·
Super Moderator
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I doubt it would be over $1000, dude made a killing on his flip so just write it off the profit. Shlt like this is a risk we take being in business for ourselves.

I’ve had way bigger unforeseen expenses than this.
Not sure about making a killing on the flip, but in my mind that doesn't relate to this anyhow. I would spend a grand if needed, but I can't imagine Joe Shmo homeowner would spend anything, nor make more than one or two calls before abandoning this. This is a failure of our system. Like I said earlier, I am gonna hold tight until I hear that my Chem friend has exhausted his contacts. After that I will probably call some of the links you guys shared here.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts