Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,346 Posts
I offer a hybrid of various suggestions.

Step one is to quickly build a crate with a wide skid bottom that will only just fit the acid container. (So it won’t tip over and you can lift it with a forklift).

Then you would source enough sealable high density polyethylene containers to accomodate the entire batch, diluted. Dilution level should be extreme so you can dispose of it gradually by some means such as dumping it in your driveway.

Then sell your house.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,346 Posts
I think that OP is stuck with it unless he wants to spend a bunch of money chasing the chain of custody of a barrel of acid.

Gonna have to get creative.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,346 Posts
made a killing
making a killing
"Making a Killing - Confessions of a Scrupulous Residential Housing Developer"

"I didn't know people still had five children. The story is really absurd but it is 'based on a true story'."
Mick Micks, The Economist

"Cerebral. Shocking. I got chills when he bear hugged the acid barrel."
-Tom Toms, The New Yorker

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,346 Posts
I would be sure that my company name, what we specialize in, and a direct quote made it into the promo piece.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,346 Posts
Talked to friend today, call Clean Harbors, they are one of the largest industrial chemical waste removers in the country. They can help. Not free though. Enviromental Waste removal.

The drum gets lifted and put in another container on a pallet and taken away

$$$

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,346 Posts
If you’d like to report a spill, please hang up and try again.

If you need help, hang up, and then dial your operator.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,346 Posts
Ask your insurance agent to add to your policy whichever hazardous waste coverage has the lowest minimum earned premium. You won’t need the coverage for long.

Then dump it all over your kitchen cabinets and vehicles. Lemonade.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,346 Posts
A super villain origin story plot device like a barrel of acid is hard to come by. Maybe hang onto it, you might want to use it later.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,346 Posts
Can you give them a formal public review or anything? If so you could get this to get legs. These assholes make rules and then have no plan for anyone to adhere to them, the public should see that.

Some formal review should get eyes on it.
It’s time someone stood up for the acid barrel owners! Be the chemical change you want to see!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts