Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
60,121 Posts
Looked into neutralizing it, but you guys are correct that only small amounts at a time. A chemical engineer friend in working to find a solution also, and has told me this stuff is really bad, so not sure I wanna be pouring, mixing, etc. I think Joe Ordinary Citizen would make one phone call and then abandon it somewhere. I am no tree hugger, but wanna do the right thing. Shouldn't be this hard.

Robies link is in Texas. One place I called was gonna let me drop it off, but heir closest location was 250 miles from me (Ohio).
This is the stuff you use to etch glass.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
Find someone who has a waste oil burner to heat their area. They will gladly take it from you.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
Out in the backyard and a pinhole forms. Who knows how it happened. But mysteriously the acid is gone now.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
At the right price of course.

We can do anything. Just ask.
In addition to Hazardous Waste disposal services, we also offer effective environmental solutions. We specialize in oddball drums, materials, and projects. We can handle your project from cradle to grave and dispose of any waste, anywhere. No job is too big or too small. We also provide a wide array of industrial services, remediation, spill response, lab packs, and hazardous waste transportation throughout Akron, Ohio.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
Pretty soon everyone will be wondering where all the neighborhood cats went and why Warren always has a smile on his face.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
So find out where the guy moved and drop it off with a note saying "Hey you forgot this"

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
Doesn't say what a 50 lb bag will neutralize.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
If you go to the home site it has specific step by step instructions for specific chemicals
Yes, but it doesn't tell you how much to use and how much 50lbs will neutralize. I'm sure it depends on it molar strength so it might be difficult to determine.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
Just a morning ramble....

If one was so inclined, one could make a big deal out of this.
Anonymously write a few of the local papers explaining your dilemma and how you have reached out to all the agencies you thought could and would help...only to find bureaucrats passing the buck.
Explain how dangerous this stuff is and that it seems like all these groups ramming the environment down our throats are just all talk and no action.
That you want to do the right thing but the people charged with such things don't/won't help.
End it with your dilemma....either leave it be and hope a couple of unsuspecting children don't get into it or....take it to your local stream or river and dump it there.

My gut tells me there would be some action taken.

Again...just some trouble-making rambling....:cool:
They'll probably arrest him.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
Looks like you inherited a bigger problem than you realized.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
Sounds like your title is the way to get rid of this.

Bring it back to the original owner.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
They won't have any interest in this until you do exactly that. After that the wrath of the EPA will come down on you so hard you won't know what hit you.

This is their plan. Just wait you out and then fine you to death.

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
No it's not. It's not hydroChloric it's hydroFlouric

·
Administrator
60,121 Posts
Yup, hydrochloric would have likely been pretty easy to get rid of

1 - 17 of 17 Posts