1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Sorry but that's retarded. We have these tools called radial arm saws, and miter saws. I wonder if they know that. Oh and table saws, and track saws.

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its European...

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
redwood said:
I like the feather board setups. It kind of reminds me of this. Probably a little more money though.
Whatever happened to that tool? It was pushed hard when It came out and now nothing. Seemed like a good idea but I think track saws killed it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sorry but that's retarded. We have these tools called radial arm saws, and miter saws. I wonder if they know that. Oh and table saws, and track saws.
Playing devils advocate here, maybe it's retarded to carry 4 saws instead of one?

It looks like more $$ and trouble then it's worth IMO.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
So many pieces to get lost

Reactions: MarkJames

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Whatever happened to that tool? It was pushed hard when It came out and now nothing. Seemed like a good idea but I think track saws killed it.
As far as I know it's still available. I got one at Lowes a number of years ago for $ 100. It's actually a decent flooring saw. Rips and crosscuts, right in the room with you.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
redwood said:
As far as I know it's still available. I got one at Lowes a number of years ago for $ 100. It's actually a decent flooring saw. Rips and crosscuts, right in the room with you.
I saw it at HD or Lowes a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
The skil reminds me of the delta sawbuck, but obviously smaller and more portable, but the concept is the same.
Well I had the Delta Sawbuck as well. It was the precurser to the sliding miter saws. The difference with that Skil is that you lock the saw in place, rotate the fence, and you can rip with it. The Skil really is only of use for flooring, maybe siding. It has a very limited depth of cut.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Sorry but someone at Triton is trying too hard there.

Did you see how long it took to switch from radial arm saw to table saw? What if you needed to cross cut something and then rip it?

Be better off with a dewalt 745 and using the miter gauge to help you cross cut

1 - 20 of 25 Posts