Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you specifically note in the contract that only one person will be the goto person for CO's, questions etc.
Referring to HO's (husband/wife) side of the contract.
Getting tired of explaining things to a wife only to get a call from the husband asking the same question.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Tell her to put him on speaker phone while you talk with her that way you say it once. Tell her that way she doesn't have to try to re explain it to him and answer his questions. You know to help her out (right because we both know it to prevent repeating the issues)

Even if you put it in the contract I believe it would just cause friction to keep bringing it up that it's suppose to work that way.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Make it part of your presentation of how to create the best possible experience working together so they have heard the concept and then keep them on that approach throughout the project.

You are assuming common sense. Thats the error. Teach others how to behave most productively.

The other option is a quick email summarizing your conversation sent to both parties. I do that for distracted overly busy customers and they love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Completely agree with tiger. Every email goes to both parties in the marriage (and cc the architect/designer if they have one who is involved in the project). I also send confirmation emails for changes and approvals made via phone calls to make sure everyone is on the same page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts