Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mobile Sandblasting
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok coating guys, my pool lady is wanting to blast the whole concrete pool and leave it concrete looking. What's the best clear sealer for that? Has it been done? She wants the whole thing to look like a concrete watering hole.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I can't think of nothing. The coating needs something in it to help slow down the moisture vapor transmission from being in a immersion service environment. Sounds like a blistered pool job in the making. Epoxies will yellow and urethanes do not work well in a wet environment. I'd say look into a cement colored plaster to seal the pool with instead.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I recommend talking to a couple of local pool builders. My pool in Texas had a painted or an off white colored plaster with embedded grit.

I bet there is a sealer or a 2 part epoxy designed for what she wants.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
There is no pool builders in your area? I'm flying into Indy on Monday. I've got meetings Tuesday and Wednesday then fly back out Wednesday night. Then gotta be in the air Thursday morning for Ft. Lauderdale. I'd research something on colored pool plasters man. That will hold up much better than a coating will anyway. You'd still blast off the old paint down to good concrete.

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
Here is what you are looking for.

ITI SYSTEMS CORP.
2555 NE 11th ST, BOX 808
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA 33304
954-864-4949, [email protected]

ItI systems corp. has developed a new line of extraordinary nano chemistry liquid inorganic coatings which require no oven cure, and are far superior to all existing powder coatings in almost every regard.
Features include:
1. Outstanding corrosion protection with salt spray tolerance up to 10,000 hrs.

2. Coatings form a flexible glass coating much like porcelain enamel on all surfaces.
3. Complete UV blocking to eliminate fading and UV degradation
4. Glass clear very smooth with no orange peel appearance. Can be tinted to give an anodized effect or used as a clear coat over any pigmented or non pigmented coating or substrate.
5. Superior bond on all surfaces including all metals, galvanizing, plastic, glass, concrete, and wood. Used under water on swimming pools and fountains.
6. Will not support the growth of mold, mildew, or bacteria
7. Completely anti graffiti. Inert in all petroleum products, acids, and solvents such as MEK, Acetone, Alcohol, gasoline, etc.
8. Non slip. Excellent for floors. Extremely wear resistant. Lasts up to five years in high traffic areas without renewal. Can be renewed without removal. Available in matte, semi gloss and high gloss.
9. We look forward to hearing from you.
10. Because no oven is required, size or location of substrate is no problem, inside or outdoors.

For further information please contact us at 516-398-0997 or e mail at [email protected].

Charles R. Affatato
P.O. Box 1482
Port Washington, NY 11050
T: 516-398-0997
F: 516-883-6665
[email protected]

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
Here is what you are looking for. Please call my friend Charles. I used to own an xiom and he may remember my name, Glen Isaacson. Either way he is a genius chemist and this is the best way to go. Good luck.

ITI SYSTEMS CORP.
2555 NE 11th ST, BOX 808
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA 33304
954-864-4949, [email protected]

ItI systems corp. has developed a new line of extraordinary nano chemistry liquid inorganic coatings which require no oven cure, and are far superior to all existing powder coatings in almost every regard.
Features include:
1. Outstanding corrosion protection with salt spray tolerance up to 10,000 hrs.

2. Coatings form a flexible glass coating much like porcelain enamel on all surfaces.
3. Complete UV blocking to eliminate fading and UV degradation
4. Glass clear very smooth with no orange peel appearance. Can be tinted to give an anodized effect or used as a clear coat over any pigmented or non pigmented coating or substrate.
5. Superior bond on all surfaces including all metals, galvanizing, plastic, glass, concrete, and wood. Used under water on swimming pools and fountains.
6. Will not support the growth of mold, mildew, or bacteria
7. Completely anti graffiti. Inert in all petroleum products, acids, and solvents such as MEK, Acetone, Alcohol, gasoline, etc.
8. Non slip. Excellent for floors. Extremely wear resistant. Lasts up to five years in high traffic areas without renewal. Can be renewed without removal. Available in matte, semi gloss and high gloss.
9. We look forward to hearing from you.
10. Because no oven is required, size or location of substrate is no problem, inside or outdoors.

For further information please contact us at 516-398-0997 or e mail at [email protected].

Charles R. Affatato
P.O. Box 1482
Port Washington, NY 11050
T: 516-398-0997
F: 516-883-6665
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I would have to be very leary of any coating manufacture company with a AOL.com email address, but who knows. Probably expensive too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts