Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm looking at exploring this world of online leads by signing up with a few. I know of:

contractor.com
improvenetpro.com
needcontractor-leads.com
servicemagic.com

Any others out there?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
FYI: contractorhunt.com is no longer in business.

I would recommend trying Service Magic out. If you click on one of the ads that they have on this site they will wave the $99 enrollment fee that they normallly charge.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
FYI: contractorhunt.com is no longer in business.

I would recommend trying Service Magic out. If you click on one of the ads that they have on this site they will wave the $99 enrollment fee that they normallly charge.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What happened to contractorhunt.com? I new a couple of plumbers that really like it and were using it pretty regular. I had even used it myself for finding a couple of guys to install some gas lines in my house.

Thanks for the tip on servicemagic.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I sent this rather LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list to rich a few days ago. You guys owe me big time for this!

www.servicemagic.com or http://qwestdex.respond.com/ or www.contractors4u.com or www.abcleads.com www.roofsmith.com www.signaturecontractors.com www.needcontractor-leeds.com www.homecontractors.us www.homegiant.com www.remodelingleads.com www.homeimprovementleads.com www.improvenet.com www.nationalcontractors.com www.contractorreferral.com www.reliableremodeler.com www.remodelnet.com www.everycontractor.com www.hometownhometeam.com www.homeservices-directory.com

THis is a result of me searching for referral services for years since before they were popular. Many Many of these lead services popped up in the year because Improvenet restructured and let alot of their regional reps go. Those regional reps decided to start their own services.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Nate I went to sign up for service magic for my new company and they DO NOT wave the activation fee.

Update: I just got off the phone with Service Magic and they said the only way they can waive the fee is if I set my min spend above $500 per month... which I plan to do in March.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Mike Finley said:
What happened to contractorhunt.com? I new a couple of plumbers that really like it and were using it pretty regular. I had even used it myself for finding a couple of guys to install some gas lines in my house.

Thanks for the tip on servicemagic.
Sorry about that Mike. ContractorHunt.com will be back very soon.

Thanks!
Nathan

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Grumpy said:
Nate I went to sign up for service magic for my new company and they DO NOT wave the activation fee.

Update: I just got off the phone with Service Magic and they said the only way they can waive the fee is if I set my min spend above $500 per month... which I plan to do in March.
I'm sending a note to my contact there now to figure out whats going on. I'll get back with you. Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Nathan said:
I'm sending a note to my contact there now to figure out whats going on. I'll get back with you. Thanks for letting me know.
Grumpy. They are checking on this now and there seems to have been some mix up. Can you send me your account username info and I'll make sure they fix this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Sorry, your correct Grumpy. The sign up is free as long as you spend $500 or more a month.

How much do you currently spend Grumpy?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Well here is a BIG BIG MAJOR MAJOR problem. We signed up years ago and when we signed up Service Magic was on an accept reject system. They still have that system for their older contractors but any new contractors that sign up have to accept every lead in your area up to $x per month. We are accepted in excess of $250 per week... I said accepting. I do not really want to join any referral service if I have to buy all the leads, even junk.

Here is a way to back door Contractor Hunt
www.respond.com/portfolio/index.jsp?src=108510

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Grumpy said:
Well here is a BIG BIG MAJOR MAJOR problem. We signed up years ago and when we signed up Service Magic was on an accept reject system. They still have that system for their older contractors but any new contractors that sign up have to accept every lead in your area up to $x per month. We are accepted in excess of $250 per week... I said accepting. I do not really want to join any referral service if I have to buy all the leads, even junk.

Here is a way to back door Contractor Hunt
www.respond.com/portfolio/index.jsp?src=108510
Wow, I didn't realize that Service Magic changed their leads like that. Thats terrible! Thanks for the back door into Contractor Hunt. Does your login work on the regular Respond.com website?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Nathan, my log in wont work on the regular respond.com web site, but it works fine if I use the backdoor. Respond.com DID change their service but if you request they will change it back to the old way for you.

Rich, anytime. Glad to help.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Contractors.Com

We do hold a "Gold" membership with these folks.
It does seem to be high priced at first. After setting up everything and being listed at "Respond.com" I have not landed any projects as of yet. My phone does ring more than before and maybe I am not getting the customers by my own fault. It has been 4.5 months since we started. Overall I think they are pretty good in the service area to its members. I only buy the leads I want and if there is a problem with it not being a valid lead, they credit my account quickly for the cost of the lead.
I think of all the lead services out there these people are the best. Believe me, since I signed on with these people all the others have called me to get my business. And ContractorHunt even went so far as to seemingly copy and paste the complete listings from Contractor.com site to make it look like they had all these contractors signed up with them !!! Could this have anything to do with their demise?
Consider the issues and if you decide to join up... maybe you would be willing to tell em I sent ya ???

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
contractors.com is the same as contractorhunt.com It uses respond.com as it's back end. Contractors.com also has a directory, which is totally seperate from respond.com

Spectator, you said your phone rings more than before. Do you ask these callers how they hear about you? I never let anyone hang up the phone with out asking "How did you hear about us?"

LOL contractorhunt.com didn't copy and paste anything. Respond.com is the back end and they lease/rent/whatever their technology to anyone who wants it, like contractorhunt.com or contractors.com you can also try qwestdex.com. They are all the same! There are many many lead services out there using the respond.com backend and guess what! Each service shares the leads. This means if I go to contractorhunt.com and put in a lead, you at contractors.com can accept that lead and visa versa. It's all the same database. LOL

1 - 20 of 39 Posts