Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Remodeler
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rockwell 10'' contractors table saw. I bought it new at Force Machinery in Union NJ around 1977. Probably dosen't have over 200 hours use on it. Iam just tired of moving with it. I live in an apartment and cant use it here. I noticed the cast iron top is getting rust on it. No big deal,,,I can take wd40 and clean it off. I paid $600.00 when I bought it. Iam thinking about selling it. But for how much? Its set up for 240 but can go back to 110. I really hate to part with it but I guess all things come to a end.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
mike d. said:
I have a Rockwell 10'' contractors table saw. I bought it new at Force Machinery in Union NJ around 1977. Probably dosen't have over 200 hours use on it. Iam just tired of moving with it. I live in an apartment and cant use it here. I noticed the cast iron top is getting rust on it. No big deal,,,I can take wd40 and clean it off. I paid $600.00 when I bought it. Iam thinking about selling it. But for how much? Its set up for 240 but can go back to 110. I really hate to part with it but I guess all things come to a end.
They go around here from $75 to $400. That's for Rockwell and delta. It seems like ever since the more portable table saws get better there is less of a demand for the old iron contractor saws.

·
Registered
Remodel
29,527 Posts
A lot depends on the fence that's on it. In the $100-200 range here, unless it has a better fence.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
hdavis said:
A lot depends on the fence that's on it. In the $100-200 range here, unless it has a better fence.
Very true. I been watching cl for one of those uni fences that delta used to sell as a extra. Those new seemed to cost as much as the saw did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts