Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st Post...:eek:

HOWDY GANG!

Remodeling my personal funky old beach house...The siding I'm peeling off the outiside is super clear 1x10 redwood. It has 1960's (and 70's, 80's and 90's!) paint on one side.My question is:If stripped, and milled down to 1x4 t&g., would this be suitable flooring material?? The stuff is georgous, and I really want to re-use it for something

Thanks for any and all input.

The Fisherman:w00t:

·
Tile Contractor
1,249 Posts
Build a decorative fence with it.

It can't be used for flooring, especially where there is a lot of sand being tracked.:no:

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
About 35 years ago I did my house with heavily painted redwood siding. I removed it all, ran it through a table saw to remove the paint from the bottom edge, and re-installed it rough side out, then stained it. I don't know how it held up, I moved out of state 3 years later and have never been back. I had to add several new pieces for mtls where the cuts didn't line up.

Redwood is way to soft for a floor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input Boys,

seems to be the general concensus, to soft..is there a market for old redwood like this??

Considered it for the cieling, awful dark..I'll find something to use it for....wainscoat maybe..

TF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.