Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
I like Green things
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to go check out a really rare, really old, really massive machine last night.

I am trying to get a hard date on when it was made, I am thinking right around 1900.

It is an American Wood Working Machinery Universal Saw bench.

Originally a line shaft driven machine, this saw can hold 2 16" blades.

The table tilts, the left side of the table slides and it weighs 2300 pounds without the motor.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,572 Posts
Well, now we know what you are gonna die from.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,572 Posts
Are you saying you are the mother of my children?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,572 Posts

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Man, look what Brian has created! First the green kool aid. Now a money pit hobby unlike any other :laughing:

I do have that same bug, I admit. There are some machines out there that would just fit right into my shop nice and tidy. I have a hard time with the refurbishing part though. Unforseen issues I think would bankrupt me.

Maybe in my later years or if I stumble upon something for free or close to.

·
I like Green things
23,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man, look what Brian has created! First the green kool aid. Now a money pit hobby unlike any other :laughing:

I do have that same bug, I admit. There are some machines out there that would just fit right into my shop nice and tidy. I have a hard time with the refurbishing part though. Unforseen issues I think would bankrupt me.

Maybe in my later years or if I stumble upon something for free or close to.
It was a nice running, cutting and moving saw, for being at least 100 years old.

My old oliver jointer was plug and play (for 3 phase) for about what a ct-26 costs. If you want to know some #'s pm me.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts