Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been in construction since I was 18, and now I'm north of 40.
I started in New England as an apprentice doing residential construction, both new and remodels. At 24 I headed west for adventure, met my wife a few years later in Milwaukee, and that was enough adventure!

After working for remodel companies, new home builders, and some light construction, I took the plunge and started my own venture.
We currently build and remodel, mostly residental, some ag and some light commercial, and roll and install mechanical lock standing seam roofing.

We run out our own rainwear (added to our metal roofing) as well as installing dense pack cellulose. We install and finish our own drywall (mud box system) but prefer blue board and plaster.

We are fortunate to have a decent millwork and cabinet shop for those one off molding runs and built-ins, enabling us to keep more work in house.

There are always those days, and customers that make it a challenge, but I love this work and wouldn't want to do anything else.

I enjoy the forums here, have been lurking for quite a while, and thought it was time to join the conversation.

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts