Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 169 Posts

·
Smarter than the brick...
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
This one kicked my arse, officially the largest house I have ever done 27,000 brick, almost 1000 feet of stone. I like the brick and the stone, just not sure if I like them together. Still some washing and general cleanup left to do but I got paid. :clap:

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I really like the detail where you ran the stone bands and transistions. Looks great. Are these your ideas when you mix the stone with the brick or do you work for a builder who loves the 2 together?

·
Registered
741 Posts
This one kicked my arse, officially the largest house I have ever done 27,000 brick, almost 1000 feet of stone. I like the brick and the stone, just not sure if I like them together. Still some washing and general cleanup left to do but I got paid. :clap:
Looks great. Dam, what was the longest run on that house, 12' ? Stupid architects. I could see how that would be a tough one. Too many corners. Hard to get any count in with that many corners. Is that a true masonry fireplace?

·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I really like the detail where you ran the stone bands and transistions. Looks great. Are these your ideas when you mix the stone with the brick or do you work for a builder who loves the 2 together?
All of the higher end houses around here have both stone and brick. The details I guess you could say are my ideas, builder says put some rock here and there, and I try to be as creative as I can be with the material I have to work with. This stone came in three sizes 4, 6, and 8. I had an overabundance of 6's but they worked out well for the window and sill band details.

Here are the plans I got with edits...

·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
10" brick

Your question on how the brick were supported kinda threw me for a loop, then the light came on upstairs....everything is on a slab here, that is an outdoor patio that is inside, the floor is stamped concrete that they are going to cut and stain to mimic stone.

·
Renaissance Man
6,818 Posts
Nice balance to the contrast, I like it a lot...nicely landscaped and she'll look sweet.

Lets see the neighborhood thugs try to thrash that mailbox :thumbup:

Here's a simple design I use...your's is much nicer :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Very nice work.....I am wondering how the flashing is done at the brick,stone/roof interface......I just don't see any counter flashing, so I'm curious as to how it's done there........although I do see it at the chimney..........?

·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
The flashing is inside against the sheathing, they cut the shingles back the same as the brick frieze and the brick is laid on the flashing that is turned up the wall behind the brick. Hope that makes sense....

·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Drove by this today and had forgotten to take pics after we were done. I just wanted away from it when we got to the end. Weather has been off and on, work a week, sit a week...work a couple of days, sit a couple...lather rinse repeat.

I'll try to get some better pics, huge outdoor kitchen around back with two more rock posts.

101 - 120 of 169 Posts