Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Looks good so far.

Just a question that may deserve a new thread. I notice you place last names of your clients in your projects/gallery page.

I always feel a little leary of posting pictures of my projects, let alone their names.

Did you get permission to post them from the HO? Do you have them sign a release? Etc.

Just curious as to if you have thought of this and what procedures you follow.

The same goes with when a client sends you a thank you letter. I know you can legally post it on the internet, but what might the ramifications be.

People can get pretty goofy about the most mundane things.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Only guessing here so ...

RGB - 255x255x255 colors = 16+ million colors
Web safe colors = 216 colors.

When you convert you lose colors and it gets that spotty look. I don't know Intuit at all so I don't know if you uploaded a photo and somehow the program changed the colors on the background image. If this is your image and it was altered after you uploaded it then call their support and ask how to correct.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
karunnt-New to this so laymen terms if you can thanks :)
tinner what is issue with "Homepage" thanks :)
"Home" isn't much of a title description. Not many people will use the search term 'home' when googling for you.

Click on mine http://www.albertsroofing.com/ and read the title at the top of your browser. Then clcik on your link and read the title on top of your browser.

Also, look at the the domain names. Mine is descriptive of the title. My domain name, title, and my company name all match.

Hope this is clearer.

·
Internet Marketing Agency
339 Posts
Hi RR...thought I might jump in here. I like the way the site is progressing. I think what Tinner is saying is to make your navigation links keywords if possible...helps with SEO.

The other thing I noticed when i looked at your source code was that there was no description or keywords. I know this is a work in progress just make sure you add those.

I have our designer looking it over when she has a bit of free time...I'll pass along her comments.

I'm going to add a thread on here sometime later today or the first part of next week on the benefits of using wordpress as a site platform.

Site is looking good though

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Hi RR...thought I might jump in here. I like the way the site is progressing. I think what Tinner is saying is to make your navigation links keywords if possible...helps with SEO.

Site is looking good though
Thanks JV. It's what I was trying to convey. I'm not very articulate when exprssing myself.
I also wasn't aware of the pending transfer. Sorry about that. Through me?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I would change the title from 'Home' to 'Knoxville Renovations, Remodeler, and Construction Experts' or something.

On home page where it says to contact us for a free consultation, I'd put a link to the contact page or a direct e-mail link. Don't make them look for your 'call to action'.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts