Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently reorganized my company and along with that, have needed to create a new website.

I already see some things that I think need attention and I am curious to see if you can point them out too.

I have a professional web designer working on this and I hope you guys can provide me with some opinions too.

I respect your professional opinions otherwise I wouldn't be on this site.

When this site uploads on January 1, I want it to be as flawless as possible, so please contribute anything you feel needs attention.

I'm thick skinned so don't hold back!

Thanks guys/gals

http://debmanning.com/RS/index.html

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,096 Posts
No photo gallery? :rolleyes:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,096 Posts
Save Money page:

"At RS Electric & Remodeling, Inc., we offer programs that allow talented "do-it-yourselfers" the forum to save thousands of dollars with hands-on participation in their home renovation projects..... "

The forum?

Reactions: rselectric1

·
Super Moderator
11,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Save Money page:

"At RS Electric & Remodeling, Inc., we offer programs that allow talented "do-it-yourselfers" the forum to save thousands of dollars with hands-on participation in their home renovation projects..... "

The forum?
you found one! Keep looking!

·
Super Moderator
11,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same thought-Photo gallery- Other wise good-

More pictures-Definitely a help.
Agreed

I have lot's of good photos from the jobs I have sold, completed, etc. solely on my own.

I am working on which way to go for the gallery

Before and afters
Before, during and afters, or
Just afters

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
"The term handyman has developed a negative connotation recently due to some instances of unskilled persons performing tasks in which they were not properly trained. Sometimes a handyman is perceived as a jack of all trades, but a master at none. Calling a general contractor a handyman will usually provoke the same response as calling a police officer a security guard."

I think this is the first time I have seen a company advertise as a GC, Electrician, and Handyman!

I really like your above statement.

All in all - nice site - ditto on the pics.

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,818 Posts
Nice work in progress.

I'm not keen on the pinky-burgundy bars. You should search online for color studies as they relate to graphic design and marketing.

Are the kitchen pics on the home page yours? Why aren't they bigger?

Is the swirl around your company name your official logo?

There are a number of online tools to help you tweak things, here's one: http://websitegrader.com/site/debmanning.com/RS/index.html

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,096 Posts
Why not RSElectric dot com?

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,096 Posts
Oops.

What is Circuit Splitting?

A GC using a slide rule?

No fax? Email?

·
Super Moderator
11,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I liked it. Nice to see you helping the DIY/homeowners too.

What's with the phone # punctuation? . instead of - ?
I thought it was a lic# or business # at first.

Add some more targetted keyword phrases. Add some more tag/anchor words to the title.
Thanks-didn't notice that.

·
Super Moderator
11,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
rselectric.biz?
rselectric.net?
reslectricandremodeling.com?
rs_electric.com?
rs-electric.com?
The website designer told me that the suffix net or biz indicated a newer business, so I decided on the old .com thing with the dash.

Circuit splitting must be a local term. What is really means is that some hack spliced on to a circuit and overloaded it and this is the fix.

Circuit splitting is merely a term around here for rewiring a circuit correctly whether it be pulling all new wire to a troubled circuit or pulling a new hot and sharing a neutral if the phases are opposite. (We're all in conduit here so it makes the job pretty easy)

PS-Thanks 480 for your input-keep it coming as you find it!

Edit-I am looking forward to your bill.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.