Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a question for the resident kerdi pros. i had my last row of wall tile and a few trim pieces around the door into the shower left and my helper mixed up bostic polymer added thin set instead of bostik ditrex. i didn't notice it until the next day. I won't be grouting for a few days and the shower won't be used for a month probably. Is this a huge problem I have to worry about or change?

Thanks, mike

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
It probably won't make a lick of difference except violate the Schluter warranty...in fact those tiles will probably hold better.

The core concept is that un-modified will come to a full cure while sealed between a waterproof membrane and a non-porous tile. Modified, however, will not without a means for moisture to escape. Therefore, leave it un-grouted for a few days.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
Yet most modified thinsets will cure under water.... Schluter needs to get off their ass and amend that ridiculousness. I've used modified with Kerdi and Ditra literally hundreds of times. The world still spins and is over populated with stupid.

·
Registered
9,853 Posts
With trim tiles and a few wall tile I would not worry about it. At the Schluter seminar I was told it can be a problem with larger format tiles where it could take weeks for the thinset to cure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts