Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A bit abrasive.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whuddup painters and lurking DIY folk, checking in, not enjoying the new layout, and will field any and all reasonable questions...starting, NOW!

·
Registered
6 Posts
whuddup painters and lurking DIY folk, checking in, not enjoying the new layout, and will field any and all reasonable questions...starting, NOW!
Any advice to a new painting company (general partnership) with 25 plus years of experience when it comes to landing, or at least getting on the radar, for commercial accounts, new builds, etc? Our comp and liability insurances are in order and being that the winter season is amongst us, my partner and I are getting a gameplan together for getting our information out there to GCs, property managers, builders, etc. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
11,325 Posts
Where ya been hiding WP? Nice to see you back. :thumbup:

-Paul

·
A bit abrasive.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any advice to a new painting company (general partnership) with 25 plus years of experience when it comes to landing, or at least getting on the radar, for commercial accounts, new builds, etc? Our comp and liability insurances are in order and being that the winter season is amongst us, my partner and I are getting a gameplan together for getting our information out there to GCs, property managers, builders, etc. Thanks in advance
I'm assuming you are combined 25 years, with mostly residential repaint experience?
You'll need to start small, adapt to the vastly different world of production vs. residential repaints.
They are not the same beast.

Advertising, paint stores, the usual target marketing is all I can recommend if you don't yet have local connections.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm assuming you are combined 25 years, with mostly residential repaint experience?
You'll need to start small, adapt to the vastly different world of production vs. residential repaints.
They are not the same beast.

Advertising, paint stores, the usual target marketing is all I can recommend if you don't yet have local connections.
25 years combined yes. Where you are mistaken is the repaint experiences residential, etc.. we are both proven in residential and commercial work. I worked for my father for 15 years plus and he had several commercial accounts. My partner had his own company previously and had a major commercial account. My question is more towards key points to adress during our stop bys with these different professionals who make the calls on bids, hiring, etc.

·
A bit abrasive.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
25 years combined yes. Where you are mistaken is the repaint experiences residential, etc.. we are both proven in residential and commercial work. I worked for my father for 15 years plus and he had several commercial accounts. My partner had his own company previously and had a major commercial account. My question is more towards key points to adress during our stop bys with these different professionals who make the calls on bids, hiring, etc.
with your skillsets revealed, not "new" in the sense of just entering the painting field, my advice is continue status quo as you've been taught.

Sales techniques for your desired market requires extremely tight pricing, and an almost inhumane ability to be flexible to demanding schedules.
Not including our current economic conditions, it's not a desireable market for most.
You are running in while others are running away.

If none of the above is suitable as an answer, I'll read between the lines and answer accordingly...no, I have no magic bullet or unique sales methods to make it rain, the lowest bidder always wins with production painting.
When I win production contracts, that thought haunts me...

·
Registered
6 Posts
with your skillsets revealed, not "new" in the sense of just entering the painting field, my advice is continue status quo as you've been taught.

Sales techniques for your desired market requires extremely tight pricing, and an almost inhumane ability to be flexible to demanding schedules.
Not including our current economic conditions, it's not a desireable market for most.
You are running in while others are running away.

If none of the above is suitable as an answer, I'll read between the lines and answer accordingly...no, I have no magic bullet or unique sales methods to make it rain, the lowest bidder always wins with production painting.
When I win production contracts, that thought haunts me...
Thanks for the imput

1 - 11 of 11 Posts