Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a trash company with pink cans lining the streets once a week. There is an exterminator with mouse ears, a tail and a silly rhyme on their vehicles trunk. There is a car dealer that is known for his endearing crazy commercials. A company that sells furniture has ads with an owner in a red cape rolling around on mattresses. A lawyer calls himself the "hammer" and swings a sledge thru a table. Over the years I have seen some characters and all sorts of apparent foolishness that works for other industries. These business turn themselves into local celebrity status. It sure isn't dignified but they are cashing lots of checks.

I don't remember seeing it for the trades though. Anybody seen nutty advertising for the trades in your area or a local celebrity goofball that surprisingly works for the company like a goofy mascot or something else odd or undignified?

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
There is a trash company with pink cans lining the streets once a week. There is an exterminator with mouse ears, a tail and a silly rhyme on their vehicles trunk. There is a car dealer that is known for his endearing crazy commercials. A company that sells furniture has ads with an owner in a red cape rolling around on mattresses. A lawyer calls himself the "hammer" and swings a sledge thru a table. Over the years I have seen some characters and all sorts of apparent foolishness that works for other industries. These business turn themselves into local celebrity status. It sure isn't dignified but they are cashing lots of checks.

I don't remember seeing it for the trades though. Anybody seen nutty advertising for the trades in your area or a local celebrity goofball that surprisingly works for the company like a goofy mascot or something else odd or undignified?
The car dealer wouldn't be FX Caprera would it? A former teacher moved to Florida said they have the same commercials there.

·
1,745 Posts
Did work for a guy that owns a number of discount furniture stores in the area.

His "gimmick" was a free onion with every purchase.

When he paid me, I handed him an onion.
We both laughed very hard.:laughing::laughing:

That was a long time ago, he always calls me when he needs work done:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Closest thing I can think of is a sign that says, We buy ugly houses, with a cartoon of a hippy garbage man or something. And Vanilla Ice's slogan for his remodel company, "If you got a problem yo I'll solve it".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts