Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if anyone can shed light on why these DeWalt table saws have a fence on the right shaped like this with two points on either end and a reduced height for most of its length. I have used one long enough when cutting crown molding that it would definitely add accuracy to have a more dependable fence on the right. Guess the designers think the right fence is really the most essential with a single bevel, or is it also to save material costs?

I would rather use one of these 10" single-bevels on a daily basis to cut down on lifting, but with that criteria, maybe it's worth looking at a hitachi/metabo saw. With less of a footprint, their 10" miter is 2/3 the weight of the pictured 10" dewalt. Any experience with these lighter saws?

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
What model is that? I'd guess there is an insert that makes it a full fence. Why its shaped like that, no idea and it looks more polished than the rest of the fence which is odd

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would guess when it’s all the way over like the pic that the motor goes into that notch in the fence
I agree with stunt. I have a rigid and when the motor is beveled past a certain degree to the right, the motor housing hits the fence. It requires me removing the entire fence which is stupid and wastes time. It lies around on the bench or ground and I have to rememeber to put It baCk on at the end of day.

The notch in the dewalt fence solves the problem but creates another. Your out of luck if you need a crown fence for anything under 12” long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts