Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it.

I turned my Occidental Pro Framer's Belt into a Roofer's Belt.

I had it sitting and sitting and sitting for a year and a half now.
Got it to do framing with, but never got to do the framing.
Went back to Roofing.

My AWP (Rooster Products) Oil Tanned Rig (on it's 5 year) gave up the ghost.
It was hard to admit it, but I had to retire it.

So, I grabbed my Oxy Belt, took off my fastener (left side) pouch and slid the tool organizer pouch all the way to the left side and mounted my hammer loop and knife holster on the right side.

Wow!

What a difference!

Much better than my AWP Belt (which is not approaching Oxy Belts in pricing!). I was wary of using a $200.+ rig for Roofing, but said "F" it! It needs to get broken in anyway and what better trade to break in a belt than Roofing!

That's it. I'm never going back to anything less than Occidental Tool Belts FOR ANYTHING!

Now, I don't think twice about strappin' that bad boy up and all my Roofing tools have a home.

Only thing I need to do is to get Oxy's 2" work belt (I bend a lot). The standard 3" belt is too wide. Other than that, she'd gold!

However, I do have to give AWP the nod on their knife sheath.
So far, it's the best I've ever use and that will stay on the Oxy.

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now, as for tool belt storage...I've always hated putting it in a bucket upright because I'd have to squish it to get it in.

Never liked putting it in a tool bag laying down because everything would come out.

Can't stand it up in a tool bag (not even in my large Carhartt tool bag).

So, I've settled on one of these:

Coal Bag

Definitely strong enough.
Keeps everything covered.
More than enough room.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Do you attach images? I can't see it
I'm using Occidental leather tool belt. It's a great set of bags I use them mounted on my harness. My co-workers all called me “fancy bags” but then one at a time they came to me and asked about where i got them and how much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts