Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an issue with my Big Oxy Stronghold belt and suspender set up. Occidental customer service is just as wonderful as their products. This contractor is from here on out Occidental through and through. If any of you have not gotten a chance to try there products check them out. www.bestbelt.com. The stuff they have is awesome. A bit pricy, but well worth it.

·
Feedin the geese
336 Posts
I flat out lost the nylon back strap for my strong hold system when I moved from WI to MN. I emailed Oxy to buy one directly and instead they told me they would send me one for free. The same piece is $30 at my local Thomas tool.

I would recommend their product any day - Best bags I've ever owned and A+ customer service to boot.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
two years. Ya, its a little heavy, but with the suspenders it doesn't feel like your really carrying all that weight. Also the accessoried that they sell like liners, etc work in reducing feeling of the weight.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh Ya, Oxys will last a long time. The leather gets better with age and they don't really nick up either. They have several different styles now also not only the full leather, but some nylon mix, etc. Good luck.

·
strat hd
1,695 Posts
My first set of Oxy's lasted me seven years (framing every day). I have the oxy lights now but I would'nt buy them again. I would get the regular oxy's. Still a great product.

·
Feedin the geese
336 Posts
After spending a couple years in my stronghold Oxys I don't think I could ever go back to a suspenderless system. The suspenders are really nicely padded with sweat wicking materials- unlike other brands which get smelly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Decisions, decisions... I was all set to buy the Oxy adjustable finisher's belt but then I read some reviews on JLC and found out about Diamondback, I'm not sure which to go with now. Some of the Diamondbacks look like theyd be better suited for trim work than the Oxys, I don't need deep, bulky storage bags, just lots of places to store hand tools. But of course there's the price tag, those Diamondbacks definitely ain't cheap... tough call.

·
Feedin the geese
336 Posts
My old Boss had a set of Diamond backs and they were really nice. They had a great belt system that was really comfortable. They are the only belt other than Oxy that I would consider.

They are expensive

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Diamondbacks are pretty sweet, but look like you bought it at Walmart. You know. The nylon looks like you threw together a weight belt and put some pouches on it. specially for the 400 dollar price tag. I don't know, looks like you could store a honda in the borealis belt. Id love to have a diamondback, but would be worried about ripping the nylon.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Check out the suspenda-vest by Oxy. I ordered it on-line and almost returned it immediately when I tried it on. Thought it looked and felt weird. Really glad I kept it.

By the end of day one I was hooked. Have worn it since (about 6 months) and still love it. Even in the hot summer.

I can add pouches if needed, and sometimes do, but usually just the vest is fine. I do lots of finish trim, and a little light to heavy framing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts