Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently wear an AWP electricians pouch with an AWP bag that only has two easily accessible pouches. I have used them for years, but I think it's time to try these guys out. Any opinions on them, or reviews on any good pouches for interior carpenters? Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
28,254 Posts
They are what I wear, I like the heck out of them.

·
Electrical Punk...
571 Posts
I currently wear an AWP electricians pouch with an AWP bag that only has two easily accessible pouches. I have used them for years, but I think it's time to try these guys out. Any opinions on them, or reviews on any good pouches for interior carpenters? Thanks in advance!

Occidental Leather:thumbsup:

DO IT! I love my pouch...:thumbup:

·
GC/carpenter
43,613 Posts
I've never heard anyone disappointed in there Occidental bags. I'm sure someone will be along any minute to be my first.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
That's what I've got as well.

I think they're great. Not perfect. But pretty damn good compared to what else is out there.

A little on the heavy side, but that's quality materials. Tool holders are great once you get used to the layout, which doesn't take long to do. Same thing with the tape holder. Once it stretches out, it's pretty handy.

If you wear suspenders, I ordered a set of the suspender rings off amazon and wear an AWP three point suspender setup, if you don't want to spring for the Occi suspenders.

I can snap pics tomorrow on my snow day if you'd like.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I've got as well.

I think they're great. Not perfect. But pretty damn good compared to what else is out there.

A little on the heavy side, but that's quality materials. Tool holders are great once you get used to the layout, which doesn't take long to do. Same thing with the tape holder. Once it stretches out, it's pretty handy.

If you wear suspenders, I ordered a set of the suspender rings off amazon and wear an AWP three point suspender setup, if you don't want to spring for the Occi suspenders.

I can snap pics tomorrow on my snow day if you'd like.
If you don't mind I'll do the same so you guys can see what I currently have

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
i love my occis too. i think the only complaint i know of is from those who bought the leather bags and work in a rainy environment.. the dye ran when they got wet.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
woodworkbykirk said:
i love my occis too. i think the only complaint i know of is from those who bought the leather bags and work in a rainy environment.. the dye ran when they got wet.
That happened to me when it was wicked hot out. I had a red steak around my hips.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
super heavy. go with the nylon 7 bag framers or adjust-to-fits. or gatorbacks or boulder bags.

I think if you currently use an electrician bag for your tool bag this set would be perfect. http://www.toolpouchstore.com/carpenters.php

made for carpenters but the tool bag resembles an electrician bag with more slots. also light, cheap, and made in USA.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I got the a just to fit pro framer. The leather one. I'm extremely happy with them. I'm about 3months into them. I cleaned them up and soaked them with conditioner this weekend. Didn't work out to good for tan pants on Monday. Go for the leather it's not heavy

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
super heavy. go with the nylon 7 bag framers or adjust-to-fits. or gatorbacks or boulder bags.

I think if you currently use an electrician bag for your tool bag this set would be perfect. http://www.toolpouchstore.com/carpenters.php

made for carpenters but the tool bag resembles an electrician bag with more slots. also light, cheap, and made in USA.
I'm not into nylon at all, I'm a leather belt guy. I appreciate the suggestion though

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the a just to fit pro framer. The leather one. I'm extremely happy with them. I'm about 3months into them. I cleaned them up and soaked them with conditioner this weekend. Didn't work out to good for tan pants on Monday. Go for the leather it's not heavy
I'm leaning more towards this bag now. I'm thinking the 7 bag is going to be too big for commercial interiors/ exterior. And I think the 7 bag would be entirely to much for drywall, trim, casework. I'm a little apprehensive about making the switch as my bags are still good bags, and I'm so used to them, but I think I want to treat myself a little. How's the comfort? Break in period? Has anyone tried the fat lip? Also I'm not a suspender or belt less guy either

·
Super Moderator
28,254 Posts
I posted the same thread three years ago, bought the 7 bags with the all leather Oxy suspenders and rings. I have zero complaints, they are great. I do llan to buy the Strongholds, but havent gotten around to it yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts