Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I upgraded my tool bag from a Veto Pro Pac XL to the Occi 5588.
I was searching for the suspenders for my fat lip occi's and came across this youtube review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCqFpZNqqAk.

Needless to say I bought the bag to, and now keep more specialized tools in my pro pac xl. When the Veto bag is full it was heavy and I preferred something with an open top I don't like having to unzipper something to get to my tools i like to be able to see everything. The bag isn't cheap at $260 but well worth it, well built, and should last forever. In the one side I carry an m12 drill and impact with charger and 2 extra batteries. It is more or less set up for interior finish carpentry. Great bag from occidental.:clap:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
I got my old man that bag for Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I've been lusting over that for a while, but can't justify the price tag to myself.

It seems like you can fit a boatload in there.

How heavy is it all loaded up?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You do have to be careful, if you just jam all you can fit in it it will get to heavy. I wear a tool belt as well so I have normal tools in that and then Everything else I could need is in that bag.

It suits well because it acts as a drill bag to so that is one less bag you need to bring in from the van.

I have probably had the bag a month and i keep adding and deleting different things to it.

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
You are looking a little green Jaws... You might leave it out side a couple days. Maybe drive over it a couple times, let the dogs play with it. I hate to see a grown man get razzed on the site for new tools:whistling
Its full and in his truck. He has been building here forever, no one would mistake him for a rookie. If they did, one hand shake or look at his hands they would know better:thumbsup:

As little as he does on site anymore it will look new when I inherit it :laughing:

Reactions: Roofcheck

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
It's nice but I've used open top bags and they aren't for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts