Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for the newbs here and any wise oldtimers...

I came across this sale for Aresenal Leather Pouches.
I believe these were manufactured by Occidental for Ergodyne
as a re-branded belt set. Anyway, Sportsman's Guide is closing
out the pouches for $22.

Even if they aren't the Occidental version (which I'm pretty sure
they are), you can't beat that for a leather pouch of this quality.
You youngbloods better jump on this. If any of you guys get one
or a set, let me know how they work out.

If I didn't already own a set of Oxy's I'd snatch a pair up.

LINK: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/arsenal-lthr-11-pkt-tool-pouch.aspx?a=1185472

·
Registered
917 Posts
THey have the fastener bag on the site for the same price. It's taken me 3 yrs to get my Oxys even close to broken in, otherwise i would order a few sets

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen them in person. They are Oxys. ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
The only thing that has me somewhat skeptical, viz-a-viz them being a rebranded Occidental Leather is that the advertisement states that they (the low priced clearance bags) are imported.

Occidental claims that their product is of U.S. origin and manufacture.

If they truly are rebranded Occidentals .... someone is making a misstatement.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The only thing that has me somewhat skeptical, viz-a-viz them being a rebranded Occidental Leather is that the advertisement states that they (the low priced clearance bags) are imported.

Occidental claims that their product is of U.S. origin and manufacture.

If they truly are rebranded Occidentals .... someone is making a misstatement.
Quite often the Chinese will reverese engineer products. Stihl chainsaws would be a classic example.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Lanya LaPunta said:
The only thing that has me somewhat skeptical, viz-a-viz them being a rebranded Occidental Leather is that the advertisement states that they (the low priced clearance bags) are imported. Occidental claims that their product is of U.S. origin and manufacture. If they truly are rebranded Occidentals .... someone is making a misstatement.
Kinda wish I saw this post before I ordered two....😡. Oh, well! For the price they're probably fine.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Just ordered a set. At that price, IDC if they only last a year. Fits my budget nicely.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Has anyone received these yet? I'm thinking about buying some and can't decide whether to get a pair for me or my helper or both. Are they actually Occidental quality? They look like they are made out of floppier leather, but it's hard to tell from a picture.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just got mine yesterday after work. Never had occies before, but they are much nicer than the mn brand. They do seem a bit floppy, there's no spot for a square, and a the little pockets where you put your pencils and knife are all inside the big pouch. Don't know how that's going to work out, but I'll let you know Monday after work.

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got mine yesterday after work. Never had occies before, but they are much nicer than the mn brand. They do seem a bit floppy, there's no spot for a square, and a the little pockets where you put your pencils and knife are all inside the big pouch. Don't know how that's going to work out, but I'll let you know Monday after work.
Hey FM,
How have they worked out for you so far?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like em.

Took awhile to get the tape holder stretched out. I use Stanley and nothing bigger would fit.

But beyond that they are good quality.

My favorite feature is the riveted drain holes in them, so when you dump them out almost no sawdust!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts