Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,749 Posts
2 men who knew what they were doing as long as it wasn't all small hallways and weird angle.

·
Knowledge Factory
1,359 Posts
That is enough work to keep one guy busy.

2 guys and you'll be done in a week.

Throw 10 guys at it and it will still take 2 days, as you have to come back and grout the next day, or use quick set and knock it out in a day.:blink:

How many guys do you think you will need? You've seen the project, I have not.:thumbup:

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
I think I could get it done with a trained monkey and a baby zebra
:censored:The baby zebra has been the answer the whole f%#$&n time hasn't it! You been holdin out Mike...and I'm not happy about it neither.

:laughing:

·
Registered
124 Posts
This week we did 2000 sq ft , with 5 skilled guys in 4 days . Work including moving a 24 ft U-Haul truck full of furniture , Demo 750 sq ft tile, Demo carpet, prep & level concrete subfloor ,Install 2000 sq ft 5" Black engineered glue-down hardwood , install 480 linear ft 5" base , install 3 new toilets, undercut limestone fireplace , etc. We had to zig zag around many diffcult hallways & meet up through diffrent sections of the house.

If you are installing that much trav they will want 1/8 grout lines , the tile will be brittle , everything must be level . 4500 sq ft of tile and wood, it would take us 9 days. Thats trimed out /piant/caulk, sealed tile/grout, the final touch.

Every depends on the skill and speed of your helpers. BOTTOM LINE :blink:

Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts