Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Siding Windows Doors
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many guys would it take to do 4000 sq. ft of flooring over concrete slab with 1500 sq ft of trav and 2500 sq ft. of prefinished oak to be finished i two weeks.

thanks

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
which guys?

ED&ED could not get the layout done in two weeks.:mad: Larry and Kevin would be done early enough to shoot a few games of pool.:laughing:

Why do you ask?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,774 Posts
2 men who knew what they were doing as long as it wasn't all small hallways and weird angle.

·
Knowledge Factory
1,359 Posts
That is enough work to keep one guy busy.

2 guys and you'll be done in a week.

Throw 10 guys at it and it will still take 2 days, as you have to come back and grout the next day, or use quick set and knock it out in a day.:blink:

How many guys do you think you will need? You've seen the project, I have not.:thumbup:

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
I think I could get it done with a trained monkey and a baby zebra
:censored:The baby zebra has been the answer the whole f%#$&n time hasn't it! You been holdin out Mike...and I'm not happy about it neither.

:laughing:

·
Registered
124 Posts
This week we did 2000 sq ft , with 5 skilled guys in 4 days . Work including moving a 24 ft U-Haul truck full of furniture , Demo 750 sq ft tile, Demo carpet, prep & level concrete subfloor ,Install 2000 sq ft 5" Black engineered glue-down hardwood , install 480 linear ft 5" base , install 3 new toilets, undercut limestone fireplace , etc. We had to zig zag around many diffcult hallways & meet up through diffrent sections of the house.

If you are installing that much trav they will want 1/8 grout lines , the tile will be brittle , everything must be level . 4500 sq ft of tile and wood, it would take us 9 days. Thats trimed out /piant/caulk, sealed tile/grout, the final touch.

Every depends on the skill and speed of your helpers. BOTTOM LINE :blink:

Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts