Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of November 24th you can take your cell phone number and go to a different carrier. Is anyone planning on doing this?
I’ve been really tempted because my Sprint PCS service is spotty at best.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Wow, I am amazed to hear of your problem with sprint. I have a big issue with at&t customer service, but I was happy to have sprint when I did, but when I came up here to Alaska that all went bye bye.
Where you actually talking about customer service or phone service?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phone service/coverage. It's not terrible but I can't get coverage in my house which is a real pain. I have to tell people to call me on my cell during the day and at home at night.

I think it may actaully be my phone and not Sprint. I've heard that a lot of people blame their poor service on the carrier when its really that they were too cheap to buy a good quality phone.
I've actually done some tests and found that a friend who also has Sprint PCS almost always has 2 bars more than I do.
Come to think of it... I'm that cheap person blaming Sprint when I bought a crappy phone LOL.

Nathan

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Like I said in out other cell phone post, sometimes the phone you have makes all the difference. I had AT&T with a great phone and almost never had a problem for 3 years. Then I got nextel with not the cheapest, but cheap phone and it was terrible to say the best.

I now have Cingular and use cellular with the identical phones and my us cellular phone doesnt work in most buildings. No probs with cingular.

The point of this post, is spring for a good phone, not just a good provider.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, a few months later.... did anyone actually switch carriers when they had the chance?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts