Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
6,347 Posts
"They got broads in New York paying top dollar for this garbage"

ID the movie and explain in detail why this was not a salvage instead of a knockdown.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I take down 3-5 of these every year.... cant find anyone around that wants to salvage them. Had one guy come look at the one i just did last week and the one that will come down next week..... He was interested but I dont think he wanted to work that hard. Another factor why these dont get salvaged is that the ownwers usally want them gone right now, not when the salvage people are done.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Another factor why these dont get salvaged is that the ownwers usally want them gone right now, not when the salvage people are done.
The prime salvage target is good wood. Mainly the timbers. May be something to look into. May be something you can salvage, take to your yard, then sell, rather than looking for someone to take the barn down.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Around here, the Amish will take that down board by board and put it back up somewhere else.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The prime salvage target is good wood. Mainly the timbers. May be something to look into. May be something you can salvage, take to your yard, then sell, rather than looking for someone to take the barn down.
i'm not going to pay to move that barn to my yard, and then hope i can find somebody to tear it down there. this guy wanted it GONE, NOW!!!!...

·
Stud
605 Posts
Demolition is one of my favorite things to do. A thumb on excavator makes it so much easier. We could never get away with burning the barn. Fire dept. would be on us real quick.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Demolition is one of my favorite things to do. A thumb on excavator makes it so much easier. We could never get away with burning the barn. Fire dept. would be on us real quick.
Just add some diesel to the mix to ensure that the fire is quicker than the Fire Dept.!!!:laughing:

·
Banned
39 Posts
I don't mean to get off the subject, but I love seeing a Case excavator. Around here all i see is John Deere + case farm equipement, except in the magazines.
Case orange is a thing of beauty!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I take down 3-5 of these every year.... cant find anyone around that wants to salvage them. Had one guy come look at the one i just did last week and the one that will come down next week..... He was interested but I dont think he wanted to work that hard. Another factor why these dont get salvaged is that the ownwers usally want them gone right now, not when the salvage people are done.
Where are you located?

We bid on a job to build a fence around a mansion. 8' high by 750' long. Plus a gate. All the visible surfaces had to be rough sawn reclaimed barn boards. Lowest price I found for min 6"+ random width min 7-6 length was $18.50 bdft

1 - 20 of 21 Posts