Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
44,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a before pic of a mobile home where I have the contract to do the site work. This is one of three brand new units I have on the books. This unit is waiting for awnings, concrete, steps, an up and return porch and a 35x8 deck. This company that gives me these jobs owns 5 parks. I will get progress picks as I go. I will do this deck, and "up and return" without digging one footing. Property House Car Real estate Vehicle Home House Property Building Real estate

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
It's the little/non fancy ones that make the money for sure.

Good contract. Over here the boiler room mobile home sales team doesn't want to slow the deal by pitching a deck. They want them in and out before they realize how much interest they are paying.

The few I have done for them, 12 x 12,' railing,stairs make for $ 1,400 a day for the Jon Mon including pre fab. Not Bad.

J.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,811 Posts
My bread & butter jobs are boring as well. 200-500sq ft refinish floors. Turn & burn in 2 half days. Try to book 3 of them per week when possible.

·
GC/carpenter
44,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a little more to this job then a deck, there's going to be a brick skirting, possible radius masonry steps with radius railing. A carport so I can't really blow and go this one. Or the next one for that. These things are getting more and more bells and whistles these days. The neighbors are moving into this and when they leave there other unit , another new unit will be brought in. It would of been nice to do them both at the same time.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yup. Just like everyone said the simple ones are the money makers. This summer I did a 500 sq ft deck and made about $1000.00 a day. Not that I'm complaining but I would have made more if I didn't have to dig up so many large rocks.

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Building on to the double wide is so easy.

They are in a park, flat ground, easy access the one down side is those trailers are mostly wired with 14 gauge and of course a GFI outlet

The first thing I do is remove the GFI, replace with a normal outlet. Or if the service panel is exposed hard wire my 8 gauge junction box directly into it.

Then its Flow and Go.

J.

·
GC/carpenter
44,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John Hyatt said:
Building on to the double wide is so easy. They are in a park, flat ground, easy access the one down side is those trailers are mostly wired with 14 gauge and of course a GFI outlet The first thing I do is remove the GFI, replace with a normal outlet. Or if the service panel is exposed hard wire my 8 gauge junction box directly into it. Then its Flow and Go. J.
This is a new unit equipped with temp power for construction. 99% of the ones I work on are brand new.

·
GC/carpenter
44,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MTN REMODEL LLC said:
Cali (Mike).... Looks nice/clean...... Just out of curiosity.... you were working in SanClemente..... where was that dpoble wide park?
This particular park is in Fullerton , Ca. I just finished two jobs in San Clemente, and starting another. It's funny you asked, because thurs. I was with the owner of the property in San Clemante, and the guy who lives there (leasee) wouldn't let us in the back yard. We went back there regardless and he called the cops on us. The cops said we couldn't go back there. So I have to wait until the eviction process goes through before I start.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
This particular park is in Fullerton , Ca. I just finished two jobs in San Clemente, and starting another. It's funny you asked, because thurs. I was with the owner of the property in San Clemante, and the guy who lives there (leasee) wouldn't let us in the back yard. We went back there regardless and he called the cops on us. The cops said we couldn't go back there. So I have to wait until the eviction process goes through before I start.

Ya couldn't find the water main shutoff?????;)

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.