Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started on a project today, following behind our roofing sub... Patching siding and other misc. carpentry chores before paint. The neighbor also had a large roof project done at the same time (the houses are almost identical). I was talking to my helper when I looked next door and saw this.....

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

Maybe I'm going to hell, but I had to share.... I've seen some lousy work, but this made me laugh! I feel like I should call the contractor, (competition or not) this is embarrassing.....

·
Thread Killer
185 Posts
Looks like the silver mesh is a "leaf guard" or an attempt at one.

But I think he was referring to the missing row of cedar shakes under the slanted porch/addition window.

ETA: Or maybe not :laughing:

·
Registered
Custom
12,618 Posts
Looks like the silver mesh is a "leaf guard" or an attempt at one.

But I think he was referring to the missing row of cedar shakes under the slanted porch/addition window.

ETA: Or maybe not :laughing:
Missing shakes? How about missing level... :blink: :laughing:

Looks like they celebrated the end of the job too early and someone realized they forgot a section and tried to "eye it" after libations... :laughing:

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,224 Posts
I dare say that the addition and window where level when first built, 50-60s or older., wonderful old Anderson windows. Built over the porch like that with poor footings like they had back then, it settled . But yes it is poor workmanship to forget the one top coarse of shingles. Not much can be done about the rest short of totally rebuilding things.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts