Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to match this texture in my Mancave. It looks like a stiff brush was pulled through it. I am mainly not sure how to get the texture on or what type of brush I should use. I don't mind a little trial and error, but if any of you have done this type before, it would help a ton. I am hoping I don't have to skim the whole wall. It is only some repairs, so not a huge area, just a few sheets overall, but if I could avoid it, I would.

I couldn't find any other pics on the net.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I've matched something very similar with a plastic nap roller cut in half the long way and dragged straight down the wall. Applied the mud first with a heavy nap lambskin roller. The key, as with any texture, is getting the mud the right consistency. Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Try looking up Wooster texture roller. Its a plastic loop roller and you can get it from Amazon. Also think Sherwin Williams carries them. Just forget its a roller and use it like a knife or trowel.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a comb texture. Good luck with matching that. :no:
Why do the easiest looking textures end up being the hardest to match. :censored:

I've matched something very similar with a plastic nap roller cut in half the long way and dragged straight down the wall. Applied the mud first with a heavy nap lambskin roller. The key, as with any texture, is getting the mud the right consistency. Good luck:thumbsup:
Try looking up Wooster texture roller. Its a plastic loop roller and you can get it from Amazon. Also think Sherwin Williams carries them. Just forget its a roller and use it like a knife or trowel.
I'll give that a try. It's my own place, so no big deal if it doesn't match perfectly, but it is a cool looking texture so I'd like to figure it out.

I was thinking of rolling on a thin layer and running a stiff bristle brush, or even thin it more and run a heavy paint brush through it. I think a few practice runs on scrap will be needed for sure.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like they used a wallpaper brush, try practicing with mud and looks like the mud was fairly loose" wet ' put mud on with knife or trowel fairly thin then run brush through it at a 45 degree angle.
Try a wallpaper brush after you roll on some thinned down joint compound with a 1" nap. :thumbsup:
I think the wallpaper brush is a winner. :thumbsup: I'll give it a try next time I'm out there.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
You could try a cement brush it's about 3' long it has stiff black brisils about 4" long you can attach a extension pole mix mud up nice and creamy then just pull the brush down to floor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts