Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shingler extraordinaire
Sales Estimator/ Project Manager
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think....
i am glad i am not a painter competing with these guys. I painted a 10x 12 room at my house a couple weeks ago...id have to charge 250 plus materials to make any money...fine job i did though! Lol

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I just talked to a contractor friend of mine who said he had some guys install windows in one of his properties for 200 bucks each including the windows.

Of course, he also found a guy who roofed his house for 85 bucks a square including the materials and tear off.

That's just crazy. It was people he knows, but I couldn't survive doing favors like that more than once.

·
Registered
Custom
13,207 Posts
I'm not too sure about the whole distracted, operating your phonem taking a pic while driving in the rain thing... :whistling

At first glance, I thought it was a landscaper...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Who is "us"?
Just a phone # and no company name?
I doubt he is making any friends in the Sherwin Williams parking lot...
Lame.

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
Personally, I'd call that guy if I needed a painter. I figure with the markups, add-ons, and surprises I'd be happy if my final cost was $250-$300... provided that this guy can get paint on the wall and not everything else.

Unless it's really $45 and the guy paints over all of your switch plates and wall jacks.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,269 Posts
Personally, I'd call that guy if I needed a painter. I figure with the markups, add-ons, and surprises I'd be happy if my final cost was $250-$300... provided that this guy can get paint on the wall and not everything else.

Unless it's really $45 and the guy paints over all of your switch plates and wall jacks.
I heard Earl Shieb did that. Except he paints the trash in the back of your truck. :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts