Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Stuck in the Past:)
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This stuff certainly wouldn't have been my 1st choice, but the homeowners loved it. They build it as a spec, and swear the glass tile throughout helped them get an obscene amount for the house. To each his own I guess;)

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one is in an old friend's house. Just married, their first house, he and his Wife were on a budget. Their countertops were atrocious, and granite was too expensive, so we cobbled some new tops and splash together with ceramic and travertine. The deco above the sink was just something I came up with messing around on the saw.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice work with the Glass. looks like a tidy install. Cant see as im on my phone but is the shower pan and bath a one piece molded setup? Hard to see joint on this thing.
No, the pan was some white 1/2" x 3" Japanese porcelain. I don't think I bothered to snap any pictures of it. The curb, tub deck/skirt, and niche are all the same as the countertops-white Silestone.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another shot of my buddy's kitchen. I'm not a huge tile countertop fan, but it was a massive improvement over the tile that was in there.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They were simply refinished in place. Came out ok, but nothing close to as nice as our other buddy wanted to do for him. Budgetary constraints.

·
GC/carpenter
44,254 Posts
When I saw Tustin tile, I thought you were from Tustin. Tustin is very close to me. :laughing:

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did this one about 7 or 8 years ago for another friend on a budget. He and his wife bought their house and had very little left to redo a hideous bathroom. I had this ceramic 12x12 and travertine leftover from another job. They were ready to settle for plain white, but I talked them into doing something a little different.

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Nice work!

Love the Sacks.

Love the friends place even more.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More glass from Ann Sacks. 3x6 stacked vertical, staggered 1/4. The architect/designer has serious wood for that layout and has me do it quite often. Also likes the glass penny rounds and shower drains way in the corner. For some reason he doesn't much care for linear drains, though there is a shower in the pipeline with a linear. Homeowner was insistant I guess;)

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
You gotta love pics.

Does all your talkin for you.

Very nice work. Plus, the tile forum has been a snoozefest lately, thanks!

Reactions: Calidecks

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You gotta love pics.

Does all your talkin for you.

Very nice work. Plus, the tile forum has been a snoozefest lately, thanks!
I used to always take pictures but stopped for a while. Lately I've been back to snapping pics again, if the material is worthy of remembering. Like this

More Ann Sacks glass 3x6. The stuff's a bit of a ***** to work with, but I like the finished product

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Last one for now. 6x6 tumbled marble with something a little different for a liner. If I remember correctly it's travertine. I used to do a lot of tumbled installs, but these days the glass seems to be the big thing.

·
K&B Plus...
242 Posts
Looks great! I always prefer the lower budget jobs with creativity to the ones that showcase expensive materials. Anyone can throw a bunch of money at materials and pretty much come out with something nice looking. (Those Ann Sacks jobs are great stylistically and technically for sure!) It's when you have to think about how to make something basic look nice that the fun starts!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts