Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
watch the staurolite dry.

I got a near full pallet of Powerblast LS with the used Clemco pot I bought over a year ago. Unfortunately I had no room to store the media inside so even though it was covered in plastic and a tarp, it got wet.

Pic below gives you an idea how wet it is, the bags just disintegrate when you try to pick them up so I cut one open, scoop out the media and pour it into a 5 gallon bucket. BTW the scoops you see work great and are perfect for scooping out of 5 gallon buckets. Found them on Amazon.

And here's how it gets dry. I screen about 2-3 bags at a time into the mixer, fire up the torpedo heater and let the mixer spin for about 10 minutes. At 180 degrees the staurolite is dry and I dump it into a bucket and transfer it into the 30 gallon plastic barrels behind the mixer.

I have about another 4 hours to go. :wallbash:

·
Registered
710 Posts
watch the staurolite dry.

I got a near full pallet of Powerblast LS with the used Clemco pot I bought over a year ago. Unfortunately I had no room to store the media inside so even though it was covered in plastic and a tarp, it got wet.

Pic below gives you an idea how wet it is, the bags just disintegrate when you try to pick them up so I cut one open, scoop out the media and pour it into a 5 gallon bucket. BTW the scoops you see work great and are perfect for scooping out of 5 gallon buckets. Found them on Amazon.

And here's how it gets dry. I screen about 2-3 bags at a time into the mixer, fire up the torpedo heater and let the mixer spin for about 10 minutes. At 180 degrees the staurolite is dry and I dump it into a bucket and transfer it into the 30 gallon plastic barrels behind the mixer.

I have about another 4 hours to go. :wallbash:
I had a similar problem where a customer of mine removed a tarp covering a pallet of media I left on the job for blasting at a later date... I don't have to tell you but the media was soaked!

What I ended up doing was placing two large tarps over a hot asphalt parking lot, then I just opened all the bags and dumped them on the tarps to let the media dry out.

At the end of the day we put everything into 5 gallon buckets with lids.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
I w t to a job were the guy knew I used glass, so he set out to do his own job ....

Called be later to Finnish, when we got there he try's to get me to use his grit and cut some off my price ,,, Ha ha ha ya right

His grit was so wet, water was running out of the bags when we picked them up

Needless to say he didn't get the discount lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
holly crap.
that's funny i thought i was the only one with media that got wet in my dumb costco tent one of those 20x10s. also ants got in to my crushed glass and were making nests... eating holes in the bags super irritating
thats a good idea with that cement mixer and heater

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
holly crap.
that's funny i thought i was the only one with media that got wet in my dumb costco tent one of those 20x10s. also ants got in to my crushed glass and were making nests... eating holes in the bags super irritating
thats a good idea with that cement mixer and heater
That's funny, Ants... the newest blast media. What mol do you think they are?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts