Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Balding quickly
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a job for Tiley Roofing out of denver, but subbed it from their sub contractor and now I am not getting paid, or even the phone answered in 3 weeks from these subs. So I call Tiley to ask about how we can deal with the situation and the guy basically tells me Im small potatoes, couldnt take his lawyers on and to go **** myself. I saw someone on here put a sign out in front of a job site. Is it illegal for me to Park a sign in front of their building on my flatbed as long as its a city street and I follow the parking rules? Can they touch your stuff if you did that? This guy really pissed me off, its not really about the money even though I do intend on getting it. :thumbup::no:

·
solar guy
1,917 Posts
As long as what you are saying is not libel and you have the truck parked legally and obey the local ordinances I don't see how you could be found guilty of anything.
Lien the property
Sue the GC
Sue the sub that didn't pay you.
Find a lawyer to take it on as a contingency case if you have a god one
How much we talkin here

·
Balding quickly
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not about the money. This guy made me want to make an impression. Its 1400 bucks, I dont care. He just said things you dont say to other people without getting their **** knocked off. Luckily I had the self control not to smack him, but I am going to make a point either way. I DONT EVEN LIVE IN THE SAME STATE LOL

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Its not about the money. This guy made me want to make an impression. Its 1400 bucks, I dont care. He just said things you dont say to other people without getting their **** knocked off. Luckily I had the self control not to smack him, but I am going to make a point either way. I DONT EVEN LIVE IN THE SAME STATE LOL
Good for you. Could have ended up costing you a lot more.:thumbsup:

Keep us updated and post some pictures. :devil:

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Send the required notices of intenet to lien. Not sure how they work in Colorado, but I would file a case in small claims court as well.

Was the work performed at the roofing company's building or were they the prime contractor on a project?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts