Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting here looking at the window watching some sort of white matter land in my yard.

Snow in mid-October? If so, I am screwed with a capital "S".

We have tons of jobs still in the pipe to do...

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I'm sitting here looking at the window watching some sort of white matter land in my yard.

Better you than me!:no:
We work all year around, even with lot's and lot's of that white stuff on the ground. We don't have any yet!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Supposed to get back into the 60's
here next week.
The Indians might bring summer back
for a while.
Two years ago it hit 90 a week before
Halloween! :blink:

Reactions: nEighter

·
Palisade Point Const.
2,276 Posts
We have already been looking at the white stuff for over 2 weeks. What's unusual about snow in the second half of September? By the way, around this time, it isn't unusual to have a nice clear day well into the 90's, and have snow the very next day.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
First nasty, cold and rainy day here in NYC.
The percise reason I don't complain when it is 90 plus degrees.
No more golf until Vacation.

·
Palisade Point Const.
2,276 Posts
What's snow????
When I was in Denaili park in August last year, it was snowing, and there were two kids that were from Florida, and had never seen snow. The bus driver stopped and let them off so they could see snow up close for the first time. The brother and sister get off the bus, and the first thing the brother does is make a snow ball and throw it at his sister. One of the women on the bus comments "isn't that just like a boy", to which another woman comments "What did he do? Whip it out and write his name?".

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
I was hoping to live a heat free existence until November...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in Hudson County...the wind blows cold off the Hudson River.
Last time I was in NJ was August 2008 when my mom passed away. Went outside to call the misses [was living in Texas then] and it was 62 degrees outside. I damn near froze! Not used to the cold anymore. We have been breaking heat records here all week. Temps averaging in the mid to high 90's.

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Last time I was in NJ was August 2008 when my mom passed away. Went outside to call the misses [was living in Texas then] and it was 62 degrees outside. I damn near froze! Not used to the cold anymore. We have been breaking heat records here all week. Temps averaging in the mid to high 90's.
Lol it hasnt been above 45 here for 2 weeks. Now i see they're calling for up to a foot by saturday morning on ridge tops. Outta make a big mess with half the trees still holding their leaves.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts

101.5 said you were getting some snow up there. I thought I was hearing things.:blink:We just had rain off and on in the 50s today. My knees and shoulders felt it coming yesterday.:laughing:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts