Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I will be blasting paint off of a 2000 sf cement driveway for New jersey. They want to recoat it with a non slip epoxy surface. Any sugestions

I would also like to take a moment to say thank you to everyone here for the invaluble input. I love this site.:clap:

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

better blast, I have used durabeck in the past on some nonslip surfaces. Look it up. I think they may be based in that area. For non-slip epoxy I usually throw a couple of cup fulls of aluminum oxide in the pail and roll it on. Use white aluminum oxide then you cant see it when it wears.

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

ibsocal, You have told me. That you have run multi-millions in the past. I am working on it. I dont run the huge jobs like painter. I am in the middle of it. I dont have a web site. I only have the prove of what I have posted... PA

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have not used any water borne type primers on near white blasted steel substrates i think since the late 80s or early 90s (devoe water based epoxy) it did not smell bad but it ran easy if not ventillated properly with neg air blower.now days i would think it's got to be much better in many ways,i still use and love the traditional epoxies and urethanes.and U are still a tripper but I like U just the way U are.
Live to blast,blast to live,rust never sleeps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts