Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody used the Tapco Pro 19 non adjustable brake?
I cant for the life of me understand why a company with their reputation would turn out such a useless product. Does any one have any tips for salvaging the beast when it no longer will grip the coil?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TAPCO Pro 19

I am the sales rep for Florida. We sell a fair number of brakes (or at least used to before the housing market took a serious dive). We have very few problems with our brakes. The "Uni-Link" has performed very well with very few problems.

I would very much like to assist you in solving your problem. Feel free to contact me - not sure what I can do from here in FL but will give it a try. I have some of the adjustable "knuckles" another post mentioned.

Give the good folks at TAPCO a call - 800 521-8684 (hit #2 at the voice prompt and select TAPCO tools when asked).

They should be able to help.

Again feel free to get in touch with me.

Jack

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I have heard that if you call the local Tapco Rep, that they will come out to your place of business and help you get it adjusted correctly, or supply the parts needed to do so.

Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
TAPCO Rep

Where did you purchase the brake? Have you talked with those folks? Yes a TAPCO rep would be available to help with your problem (that is why we are paid the "big bucks" - ha).

Give the customer service number I left on a prior post - they will be glad to help solve your problem/concern.

Jack

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yea my tapco rep always comes out when we call one time he came the same day and fixed our for us after we snapped some bolts

I thought about a van mark but im stuck with tapco cause if i switched it would take forever for me to start moving the handle the right way.

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks again for the feed back guys, yeah Tom the bolts were my first suspects too but they are all fine. I did squawk to my Lansing rep where I bought the brake and his comment was "I wish they had never come out with that model". He said he would call me next time they had a Tapco rep in town but that hasnt happened.
It sounds like a rebuild kit is available and that is good news.
I will call the customer service at Tapco, thanks for that number Jack.
I will keep you all posted on how this goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
LAnsing and Tapco Rep

Your Lansing branch need to make a call to theor Tapco Rep and he will make every effort to get there as quick as possible (can not promise the same day).

When you talk with customer service ask if they will give you your rep's name/number. OK to mention you have been communicating with me (Jack H in Florida) - not sure it will do any good (might just do harm than good) - but please feel free to do so.

Keep me advised - ned to kep you happy as you might come to the "Sunshine State" and want to set up shop and buy a brake.

Jack

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Hey Jack, While on the subject I love my brake, but I HAAAAATED the atlantic shutters I purchased. You rep that too right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts