Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one use Noisehush headphones at work to replace hearing protectors ?

Noisehush says that there's headphones reduce background noise by 80% but is that enough to protect the ears?

I want a hands free with my phone that reduce power tools sound so I don't damage my hearing any more

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't know that product but I have been using Motorola's SD10 headset as my main hearing protection for more than a year. Some jobs need real protection but my Bluetooth headphones are good for 80% of my days.

If I'm doing something repetitive or boring I might have a podcast or book quietly going. Not having to stop working to answer a call, or being able to work with both hands while explaining the task at hand to the client on the phone, is a major convenience.

·
Owner/Worker
31 Posts
I've used both earmuffs and plugs. For earmuffs I have the 3M Tekk. They work okay but get hot as do all muff type hearing protection. Now I'm using the 3M Peltor plugs. They have a volume in the cord so your not having to pull your phone/Mp3 out of your pocket to change settings. I started using the plugs when working outdoors because I like to wear a brimmed hat or if necessary you can wear them with a hardhat. Neither one have a microphone though. As far as durability, haven't used the plugs long enough to form and opinion.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Are you looking at a specific model? It appears to me that their noise-reducing phone headsets focus on making conversation easier, not protecting your hearing.

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
I also use the bluetooth headphones. They block an amazing amount of the noise and I can also listen to my music undisturbed with no annoying cord. Mine are the Jaybird from Bestbuy, battery lasts 8 hours and are really comfortable once you get them set.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im looking at Nx80 and I emailed Noisehush if they reduce background sound from power tools and if they replace my Peltor hearing protectors. And Noisehush answer was that Nx40-Nx85 reduce background sound with 80%.

But I wanted to hear what you guys think.

I do small work and don't use my power tools very much but when I do I want good hearing protectors.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Im looking at Nx80 and I emailed Noisehush if they reduce background sound from power tools and if they replace my Peltor hearing protectors. And Noisehush answer was that Nx40-Nx85 reduce background sound with 80%.

But I wanted to hear what you guys think.

I do small work and don't use my power tools very much but when I do I want good hearing protectors.
They're noise isolation, meaning a tight earplug fit. 80% is about 9 dB, or about a 25NRR for comparison with others. That's good but not extrordinarily so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts