Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with NobleBond EXT? I'm installing some NobleDeck onto some concrete and will be using NobleBond to glue it down. I've read the instruction a few times now and I'm not quite following what the proper application "tack" time is.

The Adhesive Application section says, "Allow 10-20 for adhesive to tack." Then I get down to Sheet Installation: and it says, "For maximum speed, unroll NobleSeal sheet into adhesive as soon as practical after spreading adhesive (i.e. 3-20 minutes). Sooo, I'm not sure how long I'm suppose to wait before I imbed the sheet. :confused1:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I haven't applied the specific product but not foreign to various adhesive applications and I just read instructions on Noblebond EXT.
It's basically wet set adhesive meaning the adhesive needs to smear on the sheet in liquid form as it's being applied.
If you have installed sheet vinyl you understand the properties the adhesive needs in order to bond to product. Sometimes there are air bubbles trapped under sheet vinyl, the adhesive is not yet sticky because it's more wet and hasn't begun to dry offering no bond.
Tack time or flash off time is time allowed for the "vehicle" whatever it may be water/solvent to evaporate leaving the residue of the sticky stuff ( the solids) so if left open (open time) for too long product begins to "skin over " and not connect and spread onto the sheet.
Concrete will absorb some of this "moisture" and if you wait too long it may skin over. And not bond to sheeting, depending how long your runs of sheeting are your timing has to be just right, not so liquidy that air bubbles will just slide around but not too long where it skins over, I tend to get product into a wet set adhesive sooner than later to ensure coverage, perfect timing is an illusion and not realistic.
I don't know your setup , and all the other variables, weather, direct sunlight , absorption, etc.That's all for you to figure out in your timing in applying the sheeting.
The other recommendations in the instructions as far as moisture/alkalinity etc. Are also important , none of this crap is easy with all of these precautions.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It depends on a lot of things temperature ,humidity , porosity, air movement,ect , but for the most part about 10 minutes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts