Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writing a contract Friday for a bath remodel with a tile floor. I had origionally talked about using ditra but lately a lot of you guys have been talking more about Noble TS and Noble Deck... I may want to give it a try and wondering the cost difference/quantity(sq ftg)...

I get a 54 sq ft roll of ditra for $75 bux so are the Noble products about the same or what??

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
NobleSeal TS is purchased by linear foot (it gets cut to order). It comes in 5' widths. So if you ordered quantity 1, you'd receive 5 sq ft (1' x 5').

Things to consider:
You use modified over and under it.
To seam 2 pieces together, you need a tube of NobleSealant 150.
It's much thinner than Ditra so keep that in consideration when determining floor height.
It's about .10¢ more per sq ft. However, you can use it on walls or floors (like Ditra + Kerdi in one). So buying in bulk can actually save you money in the long run.
Customer service is outstanding!

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha! I heard you guys talkin about it and was just trying to get the facts straight... I do a lot of smaller bathrooms so I do like that I can get it in without seams, that's pretty cool :thumbup: + I like modified better

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Angus, setting the Noble TS on plywood, is there a minimum thickness required? The guy at dal seemed to think 1".... I was thinking 3/4" is sufficient.

My price is $1.42 per sq. Ft. , is that reasonable? And they definately recomended the TS over the Dal version so I may give it a shot

1 - 20 of 92 Posts