Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you guys, but haven't you dreamed of a easier faster way to secure your lumber to keep it from sliding around in our truck ...or worse sliding out of the back of your truck as soon as you leave the lumber yard. Check out the "Cargo Pocket" (cargo-pocket.com) what I ran across recently. Very cool idea. I will be getting one soon. Sorry about the link, this is my first post. 14 more to go then I can provide actual links to the cool stuff I run across - I love tools.

·
Registered
254 Posts
cargo pocket

Great idea, I have a extended cab/ shortbox truck, and I have picked up materials in the city that are just too long, so have to wrap the material up some how, close the topper lid and tie it down to bumper & hope nutin slides for 45 mile trip home. :whistling I going to get large one for transporting pre hung doors, plywood & small one for 2x & odd moldings. I have a 18ft. flat deck car hauler & 6 x 12 enclosed trailer, but if your somewhere & remember you need couple peices or fall on a deal, nice not to make an extra trip.

·
Registered
254 Posts
lumber

I been going to put one on my topper, but I still want to park in my garage with it's 8 ft. ceiling and 7ft. door. I had one on my last 2 trucks and I built a rack for this one till I installed the topper. Now with my trailers I don't know if I need one on the truck all the time and the wind noise and mileage penalty is worth it.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,798 Posts
What kind of a contractor does not have a lumber rack.:whistling
Lots of them, for various reasons. Try loading up some pre-assembled patio doors, molded shower enclosures etc with that in the way. Big jobs, have the materials delivered. And so forth.

I run a van with an open trailer behind. I'm not interested in loading lumber on top of that. :thumbsup:

·
It's Not a Toomaa!!
1,624 Posts
I had the lumber rack. In came in handy more than it got in the way, but when it did get in the way............I was a cussing SOB. I like the sheet goods cargo pocket.

Oh wait,

I've got a cutaway w/ 14' bed. I can carry just about anything. w/ door closed.:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts