Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Contractor
4,743 Posts
bonesaw-do you know about the sprinter forum for NCV3's? Ton's of info and lots of great people helping out from around the world.

the full time lights-that's a programming issue-the dealer can turn it on or off via the computer they hook up. my van came w/ the headlights on all the time- I like the safety factor.

just pulled the 2500 up from the garage throught the tracks the tractor/4 wheel drive made and I was astonished at how well it reacted in regards to traction-very encouraging! Not like a posi-trac in my four wheel chevy-it applies the traction more slowly (abs kicking in). wonder how it would do in mud.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are you sure it's going to be at a Benz dealer? I can see them at Freightliner dealers since that is basically what it is to begin with. If it is a at a Benz dealer I assume it will be the commercial truck lots and not where cars are sold.

·
Contractor
4,743 Posts
I can see them at Freightliner dealers since that is basically what it is to begin with
the Sprinter is a Mercedes through and through, shipped from Germany. Freightliner has a contract w/ MB and has a different grill and emblems placed on the van (same as Dodge did). MB dealerships who get franchised may begin selling this month and will need a dedicated space to show the van's but not an indoor showroom.

GM did a similar rebranding of the Isuzo Fuso in the 90's (maybe today...I haven't kept up with it)-by placing their name on the truck and sometimes some different engine options, it was sold as as GM truck.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts