Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

no more DODGE sprinter

10K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  bobbyho 
I'm happily getting 19.5mpg and fitting 16' stock in my 08 :thumbup:. thom, for $100k you would be looking at a fully decked out high end limo sprinter...you can get a cargo version for the upper 30's new or 1-2yrs old for 25-33k depending on mileage.

did you get the gas or diesel?, I got '05 158" tall and get 24:thumbup:
the one gripe i doo have is the things goes through bulbs like crack addict, driving down the road and see a padiddle, that's me, always got lights out:censored:
some of the NCV3 owners are complaining about the speed at which they go through bulbs-my lights are programmed to be on 100% of the time...no problems yet. the older body style definitely gets better fuel mileage, but I'm coming from 9.5mpg and extremly happy w/ 20mpg.

tire price-I picked up a set of 4 for the chevy DRW-$525 for a nothing special no name LT tire. The 1 Good year commercial tire on the sprinter was had for $260 :eek:

are you driving a 2500 or 3500 Bonesaw?

bonesaw-do you know about the sprinter forum for NCV3's? Ton's of info and lots of great people helping out from around the world.

the full time lights-that's a programming issue-the dealer can turn it on or off via the computer they hook up. my van came w/ the headlights on all the time- I like the safety factor.

just pulled the 2500 up from the garage throught the tracks the tractor/4 wheel drive made and I was astonished at how well it reacted in regards to traction-very encouraging! Not like a posi-trac in my four wheel chevy-it applies the traction more slowly (abs kicking in). wonder how it would do in mud.

I can see them at Freightliner dealers since that is basically what it is to begin with
the Sprinter is a Mercedes through and through, shipped from Germany. Freightliner has a contract w/ MB and has a different grill and emblems placed on the van (same as Dodge did). MB dealerships who get franchised may begin selling this month and will need a dedicated space to show the van's but not an indoor showroom.

GM did a similar rebranding of the Isuzo Fuso in the 90's (maybe today...I haven't kept up with it)-by placing their name on the truck and sometimes some different engine options, it was sold as as GM truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.