Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been on CT as much as I would like to have been and then when I start up again all these dudes complain about getting sand in their vagi just because they lost their HA HA gland or somethn. Joking around and giving co-workers, bosses, and every construction guy I care to know or talk to sh!t is one of my most favorite things to do in construction. That is probably the one thing that has kept most of us in decent mentle health in this industry!

So if all you who have a sense of humor will do something for me and for CT I would appreciate it. If you guys(and gals) could keep track of every time someone at your job gave you sh!t and report it here. After all in the end it is all about having a good time in life. When what you love to do becomes more work than fun then you are walking dead man.

As usual I will start;
Today
" Do you know what the hell you are doing" Told someone 3 times. Was told to me once
"That looks like sh!t" twice to me. Once to someone
"Bob Villa would be proud" once to someone

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Often I work with the Hubby. I have to deal with reach arounds and ass bitting while I'm standing on a ladder trying to cut in pretty lines.

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
I come here to get advice, I could do without some joker trying to be cute. If I wanted to see a guy trying to be cute I would look at my new screensaver (Silvertree with the boquet)

WHAT EVER! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
I had to explain to a guy today that 56 7/8" is not the same as 57" or that 71 3/4" is not the same as 72".

He did not realize when you make a mark and then cut the line off, you end up short and that it is OK to leave gaps in the 2x furring in my window openings.:censored::eek:

He didn't like it when I explained it to him, he is lucky I am not like my ex brother inlaw who would throw miscuts at the guy who screwed them up.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hmmm, ok I'll play...

I asked my carpenter today when he started bringing his wife to work because his helper was only unloading my truck 2-2x4's at a time.

I was told back that he couldn't afford quality help anymore because my sister raised her rates. :eek: :furious: :notworthy

But don't ask me to track this crap everyday. I will never get any work done with all the stuff that flys out there. :thumbsup:

So Dusty, my painter is always trying to give me the old reach around too. It must be a painting thing. Here I thought he just wanted to borrow my cell phone. :blink:

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Even a moron can be a beautiful creature. Your special

·
Certified Remodeler
3,207 Posts
I got an email from a CT member saying my CT behavior was unprofessional and brought down the industry. He went on to say I should act professional.

I emailed back a thank you saying "There are professionals and people who act professional, and you sir are the latter".

I say CT has some of best exchanges and educational opportunities I have ever witnessed, and if it wasn't for the quick and clever posts made by its members the internet would be a poorer place.

Not to mention the painters are all professionals, yet so humble its hard to get an opinion from them.

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
They used to call me Special Eddie in school, which was weird because my name isnt Eddie, but I didnt care, the helmet drowned most of it out.

Taught my 18mo old to beat her chest with the side of her hand and make that stupid sound. I think it's funny. The old man says I'm going straight to hell.

·
Banned
846 Posts
Teasing co-workers is wrong. It creates a hostile work environment. You should love, nurture, and respect the people you work with.

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Poor Bob works alone. Hard to make fun of a wheelbarrow.

Teasing is the reason God gave us co-workers.

·
Banned
846 Posts
At my company we start and end the day with a group hug. I don't actually have any employees at the moment so I make do with my pick up truck and the garden gnome that rides on the dash. Anybody want to come work for me?

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Who wants to talk just about drywall mud when taping walls all day?

We come here to unwind..I could talk about 15 years in the field and such but then, this place would get boring-- if not for the jokes mixed with techniques...

Think about it. We all like to give advice in the construction fields. It's just our nature....

eww eww ah ah

1 - 20 of 28 Posts