Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get their NJ Home Imrovement Contractor License yet?? Berg?? Anyone else from NJ?? I got mine about 2 months ago, - - put in for it about 11/04, - - already got it on my new contracts, - - in the process of new business cards, - - still gotta get it lettered on the work-trucks and the D.E.P. signs. Anyone who didn't get it done yet, - - it's got to be done by 1/1/06. :Thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Tom R said:
Anybody get their NJ Home Imrovement Contractor License yet?? Berg?? Anyone else from NJ?? I got mine about 2 months ago, - - put in for it about 11/04, - - already got it on my new contracts, - - in the process of new business cards, - - still gotta get it lettered on the work-trucks and the D.E.P. signs. Anyone who didn't get it done yet, - - it's got to be done by 1/1/06. :Thumbs:
Tom, i just read this post, have had our hic reg number since may 05. I still have not got around to lettering the truck ,as for jobsite signs most towns here do not allow contractors to post signs at jobsites . I believe we put in our application around nov or oct 04 ,seems state was unprepared for volume of applications,something like 10,000 by feb 05.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,858 Posts
electro said:
Tom
What are the requirements of the new licensing?

Thanks
Electro

Sorry, Electro, - - I didn't realize this post ever got a reply.

Basically, - - anyone doing home improvements in the state of NJ is required to be state-licensed as of 1/1/06, - - submit some paperwork (proof of insurance, etc.), pay $90 for the year, and you're 'in'.

If you're not 'in', - - up to a $10,000 fine.

License # must be displayed on trucks, cards, contracts, etc.

Apply ASAP, - - it takes several months to get it.

Here you go, - - www.njconsumeraffairs.com/contractor.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Berg,

We're allowed to post job-site signs around here, - - but to tell the truth, - - they been sittin' in my shed for at least 5 years, - - I don't need to get any 'busier' anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Tom R said:
Berg,

We're allowed to post job-site signs around here, - - but to tell the truth, - - they been sittin' in my shed for at least 5 years, - - I don't need to get any 'busier' anyway.
A few idiot contractors leaving signs up months after jobs were done basicaly ruined it for the 99% of us who take our signs down when the job is done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, - - sounds like your best 'job-site' advertisement is going to have to be a 'lettered-up' truck that's strategically parked, - - maybe even with a 'light-show'!!
 

·
Walsh Construction Svcs.
Joined
·
98 Posts
Just applied for mine!

Just sent in the application today. Hopefully I'll have my cert by the end of the year! :Thumbs:

On a side note, you will NOT be able to obtain municipal building permits without it. :cry:

Lance
Walsh Construction Services
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,079 Posts
Sent it in last Nov. and still waiting. My insurance runs July-July. At the end of June I actually got a letter from the state asking for a copy of my business name registration which I promptly sent in. Then guess what, I get a letter saying your insurance has expired! Why they couldn't ask for that when they asked for the name registration is beyond me. Your tax dollars at work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
TimNJ said:
Then guess what, I get a letter saying your insurance has expired! Why they couldn't ask for that when they asked for the name registration is beyond me. Your tax dollars at work.
Probably different departments! :rolleyes: You know dept A can't overlap what Dept B does!

Pat
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top