Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My oldest daughter wants a suv, she's getting rid of her vw jetta,

Main reason I believe is its been hit 3 times once by me, once by my grandson on his quad and then some drunk ass at a bar!

She's looking at a pathfinder , anyone have a new one that can give me real world gas mileage on it! Or any pros and cons about it.

Her jetta gets 25 mpgs so she's worried about added gas. I told her to get a raptor but she says she can't afford it lol

Thanks guys,,

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Have a buddy who had one. He claimed he got little more than half what that Jetta got for fuel economy.

I like how only the guy who was drunk gets called an a$$. I mean, he was impaired. What was your excuse? :laughing: Just giving you some sh!t.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My kid was gone for vacation for a week, some exotic place I've never been before go figure!

Well I gave her , her own parking place but she refused to park there!

She parks halfway down the driveway. So she came home at late at night I get a call my youngest daughter was in the ER. So daddy jumps in his van and rushes to her side and as I'm backing out my thought to be deserted driveway I hear this expensive sounding grinding maybe it was a crunch noise!

Seeing I was half asleep and kind of in a rush I didn't put two and two together till I managed to go from the front to the back of her car!

I didn't leave a body panel untouched lol, so I fixed the drunk asshats work as well!!

When the boy hit it she pulled up in her new car, left it where I told her not too and him only having 30 minutes seat time, hit a landscape wall bailed off but before he did he throttled it to make sure it would jump 6' in the air and land into her doors!

Atleast I didn't tell her about the damage I did till I knew she was leaving for work. Didn't want to listen too her screaming lol
The boy had to hear it right then and there!!

On a good note she not only has a doctor, and dentist on speed dial she also has a body man !

She wouldn't let me paint it, I think she was afraid I'd do a custom paint job lol

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
frame2finish what year Pathfinder is she looking at?

The newer models get terrible gas mileage, the older (like 90's) models are OK.

They are great trucks though, but expect to get 10-12 mpg in the newer model around town.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2014 I think, she's thinking it will cost her 15 bucks extra a week but she's saving 100 on insurance!!

But she's basing it off sticker and I want real world results!!

This will be like new car number 4 I believe, she does her homework on what she wants! And is picky at the same time !

She knows her cars lol I can blame myself for taking her too a lot of car shows raising her like my boy!!

She grew up in the back seat of an iroc z I figured she'd have that v8 rumble in her blood but thanks too fast and furious she loves imports lol

I bought her a eclipse gt 5 spd for her first car, then she bought a new cobalt she dubbed slowbalt, I'm a Chevy guy that's why I think she did that, then went to a new eclipse , then the vdub which is loaded up, but living where we do a car sucks and she now realizes it!!

I'll let her know the results thanks guys!

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
My buddy rented 2014 one for a weekend trip . Said it drove well and nice space inside . He is a big guy . He wasn't worried about gas savings . He told me he my buy one for his wife .

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
FRAME2FINISH said:
2014 I think, she's thinking it will cost her 15 bucks extra a week but she's saving 100 on insurance!! But she's basing it off sticker and I want real world results!! This will be like new car number 4 I believe, she does her homework on what she wants! And is picky at the same time ! She knows her cars lol I can blame myself for taking her too a lot of car shows raising her like my boy!! She grew up in the back seat of an iroc z I figured she'd have that v8 rumble in her blood but thanks too fast and furious she loves imports lol I bought her a eclipse gt 5 spd for her first car, then she bought a new cobalt she dubbed slowbalt, I'm a Chevy guy that's why I think she did that, then went to a new eclipse , then the vdub which is loaded up, but living where we do a car sucks and she now realizes it!! I'll let her know the results thanks guys!
How about a 4x4 just for snow days . Saves gas and you keep a nice car . She think about that .

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So she went back to the dealer for a rogue!

They came back and wouldn't give her a deal!!

She called after the test drive, she said the sales guy was new and acted like she couldn't drive when she was parking!

That kid can drive, her first car was a 5 spd, I did that so she could drive anything she put her hands on, you know in case of an emergency!

She likes manuals though lol, she is real smooth I didn't teach her that part because I hear every gear lol I'm smooth but with it pulling you deep in the seat.

I think I'm gonna go with her next time and see if they talk ****!!

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
if she's getting 25mpg from the Jetta, she's gonna get 8 from the nissan. Must be her driving habits. I got a non-turbo Jetta and get closer to 30.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You did read the part about I taught her to drive didn't you?

She grew up in an iroc z, and I didn't baby it, so she probably thinks its normal to get sucked into the seats lol

She does a lot of city driving so that's probably has a lot to do with it!

I told her to forget the pathfinder and look at the rogue, she really likes it. I also told her the subaru cross tek was cool but she doesn't like it!

Her vdub is loaded so she said she wants her next vehicle the same way! Can't blame her I took her to way too many car shows. I know cars of my era well and she knows cars of her era better !

·
Registered
585 Posts
The 2014 is the completely redesigned one right? I figured those would get reasonable mileage... The bodystyle before them was tank probably comparable mileage to a suburban, expedition, durango etc... Even the style before them (up to 04ish I think) gets pretty bad gas mileage for what it is, they have a 4.3:1 rear end ratio or so though, revs right up on the highway but great offroad.

Most sites seem to say about 20 US mpg combined for the 2014 v6 4x4

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea it's restyled it's the baby suv, it was ugly the first time around but looks better now!

Somehow I thought this kid would of been an American muscle baby but she's into imports , never should of taken her too all the fast and furious movies all 20 of them!!

Or maybe instead of the eclipse gt I should of got her a camaro like I had so she could appreciate it more lol

Every time I mention a muscle cars her answer is always oh yes dad that's good on gas and insurance, kids too smart!

Atleast I got a boy I can help get a fast car or truck, I just got to stop him from telling guys with nice cars and trucks at gas stations their vehicle is a sexy beast !!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yea it's restyled it's the baby suv, it was ugly the first time around but looks better now!

Somehow I thought this kid would of been an American muscle baby but she's into imports , never should of taken her too all the fast and furious movies all 20 of them!!

Or maybe instead of the eclipse gt I should of got her a camaro like I had so she could appreciate it more lol

Every time I mention a muscle cars her answer is always oh yes dad that's good on gas and insurance, kids too smart!

Atleast I got a boy I can help get a fast car or truck, I just got to stop him from telling guys with nice cars and trucks at gas stations their vehicle is a sexy beast !!!
One of these days I'll have my camaro... I'd be all over a fourth gen with an LS1 and a 6 speed if I had the space and could justify the cost of ownership. The cummins makes a much better work vehicle though!

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was 20 when I traded my work truck in for the camaro, I was looking for a monte ss test drove 20 of them one day not one had the right options it was like everyone had a different one but not one had all of them,

As I parked the last one we walked by the iroc and the sales guy said you didn't drive that one,

I said nah that's not me, then I said get the key!

I never had so much fun since my 72 nova scared the hell out of the salesman and picked it up 4 hours later with a new radar detector in hand!

I drove a new one at a Chevy only drive in deal, free movie if you own a Chevy and you can test drive a car!
It was the convertible not out yet with a 6.2 I thought it was a dog with the traction control but I still got it sideways, the salesman was like I never seen that done before, after it got going it went right along. I'm not one of those needs a computer to help me drive kind of guys!

Can you imagine bo and Luke duke or bandit with traction control?

Attachments

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So it looks like my kid has got herself a new jeep!

I went with her and they didn't screw with her!

I raised a smart kid though, she asked all the right questions and wouldn't budge.

They tried too get her into more months for a lower payment and she wouldn't have it! The payment went up a few bucks but the bondo buggy is gone!

She picks it up in an hour !!

Funny thing is I showed her this months ago and she didn't like it !!!

Now after driving it she loves it. Daddy showed her what sport mode was for too lol

Thanks for all the comments though.

Oh I drove her vw too the bank trying to get the crappiest mileage I could I got it down to 5 mpg lmao had too run the gas out of her lol

Attachments

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
During the test drive it was 24 mpg, so I'll find out tomorrow if it went up!

It is a real nice suv, showed her some lifted trucks I loved but she wasn't having it!

Too burn some time we went to the toy store, told her how cool she would be with an rzr in tow dam thing was 7 grand less than the jeep lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts