Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gen. Contractor
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's what I've been workin on (in addition to work that actually pays) it's not huge (1800 ft on the main) I'm finishing half the basement so it's 4 bed 3 bath. Stucco and stone ext. I'm hopin to move in the end of the month. Finished painting today, starting tile tomorrow (mirazzi archeology floors and backsplash) . Cabinets are made and waiting (alder two tone), completely stain grade trim package. Alder doors (kerf jamb) alder base, window sills. Black galaxy granite counter tops. Nordic tyvarian marble shower, Can't wait to move in!

Better pics to follow

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,889 Posts
Nice pad, bro.

Whens the bbq? Lol

·
Always Learning
8,722 Posts
It's a great experience for sure. When I look back I wonder how I did mine..nights and weekends for a year were spent at the house. Looks like a nice home! Is alder a popular wood for you? I like the closet!

·
Super Moderator
28,889 Posts
Im standing at the airport holding my breath waiting on a ticket.....

Reactions: Ninjaframer

·
Gen. Contractor
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
overanalyze said:
It's a great experience for sure. When I look back I wonder how I did mine..nights and weekends for a year were spent at the house. Looks like a nice home! Is alder a popular wood for you?
It is- yu see a lot of pine and maple here as well but I like alder. I like slightly rustic. I'm smokin through this one- I started the last week in November. I live right across the street right now in a house I bought as a foreclosure and remodeled last year so it's been easy to keep it rolling.

·
Always Learning
8,722 Posts
Ninjaframer said:
It is- yu see a lot of pine and maple here as well but I like alder. I like slightly rustic. I'm smokin through this one- I started the last week in November. I live right across the street right now in a house I bought as a foreclosure and remodeled last year so it's been easy to keep it rolling.
That's convenient! How much did you/are you subbing?

·
Gen. Contractor
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not much- I'm even doin the lathe (which I hate) all my subs have been awesome, suppliers too. Excavator gave me a grand off, foundation guy dropped 500, friends helped poor slabs for nothing, plumber cut his normal price plus threw in cool upgrades (shower head that plays music with blue tooth!), My electrician slashed his price plus threw in central vac for nothing, got solid core alder doors, windows, etc for distributors cost. Tile for cost and labor, premium marble for less than I usually pay for the cheapest plain white. Everyone has given me awesome deals.

·
Gen. Contractor
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Here's the floor plan I drew. I turned bed 3 into an office and changed the access to be from the entry. One of the nice things about building your own house is changing stuff as you go. It can get expensive though- I decided I wanted a raised entry after I already had trusses so: after an engineered fix, 10 sheets of 3/4 ply, a bunch of glue, staples and nails I had one :)

Edit: wrong pic- I thought I had one of the truss fix- it was a nightmare.

Edit2: here they are

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts