Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah both duplex and decor. In white, ivory and almond. Wish you could mount either direction. It says you can only mount it with the LEDs facing the direction of the ground.

I might buy a pack a surprise the wife cause she will love them too

·
Registered
391 Posts
Did you notice that they won't work with GFi protection?. Bet they trip arc fault breakers also , and if you are up on your codes like i know the vast majority of painters and street sweepers in this forum section all are, you know pretty much all around a house is arc protected in the 14 nec.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Take the time to read, and you'll see that's because of the physical configuration of a GFCI outlet, not because of any intrinsic safety problem. :rolleyes:
i didn't think it was an intrinsic safety problem, but rather a teeny fault to ground one. Looking at how the clip to power is where I see a problem with arc fault breakers. :mad::no::blink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
you couldn't pay me enough to even let one of those fire starters in my house much less install one!

Go ahead get some but be sure to evaluate your homeowners insurance policy to make sure it is up to date.

That "connection" to the power source is about one of the worst things I have ever seen, and I've been involved in the electrical trade for over 32 years.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,217 Posts
Yup.

I'd have to actually have one in my hands to vouch for it, but in principle I'd be comfortable using that design even without UL certification.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
you couldn't pay me enough to even let one of those fire starters in my house much less install one!

Go ahead get some but be sure to evaluate your homeowners insurance policy to make sure it is up to date.

That "connection" to the power source is about one of the worst things I have ever seen, and I've been involved in the electrical trade for over 32 years.
How do you feel about wagos?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts