Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this site, I recently started working for my dads 13 year construction company. In 13 years he has never had a website, nor has he ever advertised he hasnt had to becausenhe was plenty busy. Part of me coming to work for him was to "take the business to the next level" so recently i started working on trying to get our name out there. As far as advertising where would someone in rural Idaho go first? We also just got a public works license and would like some federal contracts, any tips advice etc. Would be greatly apprrctiated for this well established yet struggling company! :blink:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
0) Head over to the Introductions forum and tell us more about your business.
1) Get a website up ASAP. Make it locally relevant.
2) Get established happy customers to write reviews on Yelp and other online free review sites.
3) Spend a few bucks on Google Adwords. In your market you should be able to buy clicks fairly inexpensively, for good keywords.
4) For federal contracts, you need to do a bunch of paperwork or on-line work. Search for "SAM registration" to get started. I've never heard of the private bidding services being any help, but that could just be because I'm out of touch. Bidding usually involves a mountain of paperwork. Plenty of threads here on C.T. about it.
5) Focus on local relevance rather than flash.

All just IMO. Good luck.

·
Punching above his weight
12,101 Posts
I'd second asking customers to write you reviews. Go out of your way to mention this. If you can get on a few local messageboards it will greatly help your business.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive been doing some research on websites and the like, i wonder if that can take us all to the next level? I have seen that you can get listed in some directories without a site but i dont think you will get found in there.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
If your Dad has been in business for 13 years & has been successful what is the next level you are trying to get to?

Without some defined goals & reasonable expectations how will you know if you got what you were after?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts